The Castle

An hour of endless running had passed and I’m starting to get exhausted. I often stumble on the roots scattered on my way. My head was hazy and I had difficulty in distinguishing sounds. I wanted to rest but my mind says that if I do that now, this day might probably my last day.

-

"MISS Aida, we are docking soon. Remember: As soon as we dock, you are no longer Aida. You are Miss Eleanora Montgomery."

"I know, I know. Don't worry. I got this."

I paused for a while.

"What?"

"You sound nervous..."

"I'm fine."

Here she go again with her "I'm fine." Why do you always deny your true feelings, Miss Aida? What are you so afraid about telling the truth? In the end, I just ignored what's running on my mind. We have to focus on our mission. "Let's go."

When we arrived at Northcliff, I noticed Miss Aida's irritation. "Great. Back in this sh*t hole..."

"We still have some time before the ball starts, Miss Eleanora. If there is anything that you need, then I suggest you take a look at the shops here."

Since then, she's been spacing out. "Miss Eleanora." No response. "MISS!"

"Oh! Right! Eleanora! That's me! Okay, yes. I'm here!"

I sighed. Perhaps she was just nervous. "I will be waiting for you by the carriages."

She roamed around for a bit and I waited from where she left me. It has been more peaceful in Northcliff and you there were no beggars and orphans scattered along the streets. Case of robberies were absent and noise pollution  dropped near to zero.

“Shu!”

I think I heard someone called my name along with screeches and stomping of feet. I sensed someone’s about to attack from behind. Before it reached me, I quickly blowed an upper right hand hook but the cold being was quick enough to avoid it and grabbed my right hand as she took off her hood. “Shu, it’s me.”

“Aileene? What are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be with Tillie?”

“I am but I made an alibi of going back to Ildis to further my studies on how will I get back to my world.” she whispered, letting go of my hand.

“It’s dangerous. You shouldn’t be here.”

“Aida shouldn’t be here either. I don’t trust Diego and his ability despite the number of look outs scattered across Northcliff. I could sense something bad is going to happen. I don’t know exactly how it will affect Aida but just in case the plan didn’t occur as expected, I’m here to help.”