Rescue Operation

She was sobbing. She needed a shoulder to cry on. I could feel her pain. I wanted to go to her. I wanted to comfort her.  I wanted to erase that pain she's feeling. But it isn't the time yet.

-

“WHAT’S happening to you?”

“It’s not me, Shu. It’s Aida. Every pain she suffers… I could feel it, too.”

I listened and heard Miss Aida’s voice down the dungeons. Silver guards kept on hitting their weapons on her. Then her screams stopped as her prison opened and cold beings entered her cell.

"You are collecting people from streets to turn them into mindless Silver Soldiers! That's why there are no criminals, homeless, or any refugees!"

"They are worthless. At least as a sacrifice, they are serving this country." It was King Kael, Miss Aida’s twin brother. "I will have to make you remember what it's like to be yourself again. It's still in you, Aida. You are still that feeling-less little girl. It's somewhere deep inside you and I will dig until I find it."

"Well, good luck with that. I could use a little nobleness right now. My back is killing me,"

"Synius."

"Yes, you majesty?"

"Bring him here."

"Yes, Sire."

"Ai... Aida?” He glanced back at the young king. “You! What did you do to her?"

It's Victor!

"I'd worry more about my own life if I were you, blacksmith."

"No... Kael, no!"

"You see... I love my new weapons and I really want to show you how they work!” A sword was handed to the noble King and the latter marveled at the shiny object. He gazed at Victor and smiled. “You are my sister, after all. We are supposed to share our toys."

"Kael, no! Please, don’t do it.” Aida struggled to escape from the chains on her wrists. “He has nothing to do with this. Please just let him go!"

"Let me think....” He paused and flashed a wicked smile. “No." Then I heard a slash of sword.

"Ugh!"

"KAEL, NO!"

"Oh, don't worry. He will live for a while until he is transformed. I can't say the same for yourself, however. Once he is transformed, he will attack you under my command of course. But I'm not that evil, you see. I'll let you defend yourself. I'm going to unshackle your hands and give you a sword. If you want to live, kill your friend. It's that simple."

"You are sick!" She gritted her teeth as the guards set her free from the chains and a sword was left for her.

"Goodbye, sister. Have fun in the dungeons."

She glared daggers at her twin brother as if her glances will sent poisoned arrows to him and kill him.

"Aida, you have to kill me now. I've seen how the others transform, how they turn out to be. You are the crown princess. You have to live, you have to save Valond from that monster!"

She shook her head as tears welled up on her eyes. "No way! I can't do it, don't ask me to do it."

"Aida, look at me. It has already begun... And it's not going to stop unless you kill me. It hurts, Aida. Please, do it. If you don't, I will."

"Can't I just cut off a part of your arm? Like only the silver part?"

He laughed. "What? I'm pretty sure it won't work."