Chapter 9

There are some fans now coming up to me asking for pictures. I look like crap but I be nice and say sure and take one for them. Its weird. Having random people ask for a picture with you. They probably haven’t seen the article yet or else they would be hating on me. I’m still sitting on the swing waiting for something to happen. The girls leave and now im all alone. Then something does happen. I cry. I just let it all out right there in public on the swing set where a couple seconds before I was being asked to take pictures with. Two more girls are looking at me now. I think they recognize who I am and they come up to me. 

“Is everything ok?”  The smaller girl, probably around 10, gives me a hug and the older one, probably 12, pats my back and says “its ok.”  They have seen the article because she says:

“Louis will understand. You just have to tell him it was a mistake, and im sure it was just a huge misunderstanding.”

 How did they know about Louis and I? I asked them.

“I know its not officially official yet, but seriously, why wouldn’t you date Louis? Hes so hot! Plus you guys arnt making it into a huge secret, you just aren’t confirming anything.”  The funny thing is, giggle and  I cry into the little 10 year olds shoulder and say “thank you for making my day a whole lot better. Ill make sure that he knows that your right, it was just a big misunderstanding. And your right, he is really hot isn’t he” They don’t ask for a picture or anything but they do stay with me for about 10 minutes to make sure I stop crying. They really did make me feel better though. As silly as it sounds, I don’t plan on forgetting those girls any time soon. I didn’t even get their names.

Now for the hard part: explaining it all to Louis. 

I take out my phone and text him.

To Louis:

Check sugarscape. There is an article about me that you should see.

From Louis:

Is this true? 

To Louis:

Please, it was just a total misunderstanding.

From Louis:

Are you kidding Emaily?  

To Louis:

Louis, you have to understand. Come to the park so I can explain? 

From Louis:

Fine. Ill be there in 5. 

I sit waiting, trying to come up with a story. The story is going to be completely true, of course, but I need to come up with exact words to say to him because I am never good at this stuff. I must be completely in thought because Louis is standing in front of me now. 

“Can we do this somewhere else?”

I forgot. This is the crime scene where Travis had kissed me. 

“ya sure of course. Starbucks?” I gesture across the street to where star bucks is. He just nods and follows me there. We each order a coffee and sit down. When I look into his eyes they are the same beautiful sea green eyes of his. But there is something different about them now. They are cold, uninviting, and filled with pain. I all of a sudden want to cry, but I cant. I have to be strong here. 

“Well, are you going to start explaining?” he asks.

“I am an open book, ask me anything you want and I will answer it completely honestly.” I respond to him. This is completely the opposite of what I had planned. My heart is racing even though I am not going to lie. Every word that will come out of my mouth will be completely 100% true. 

  “Who is he?”

“Travis, my best and only friend.”

“who kissed who?”

“he kissed me”

“did you kiss back?”

“no”

“does he know about us?”

“Yes”

“why did he kiss you?”

“I don’t know. He just went through a really bad breakup.”

“how long have you known him?”

“sense I can remember”

“have you been in a relationship with him before?”

“no”

“does he like you?”

“as a friend”

“does he love you?”

“I don’t know.”

“do you love him?”

“no”

“do you love me?”

I answer back in a whisper so only he can hear me.

“yes”

And then we kiss.