Chapter 11

Crying is what I do every second of the days now. I haven’t gone to school for at least a week, if not more. I don’t care though. When I’m not crying I’m either sleeping or thinking. And after I was stupid enough to think that Demi actually wanted to be friends with me again she stabs me in the back, again. I cant even believe it. No, I can. This is Demi we are talking about. Demi. The girl who I have wanted to be sense I can remember. Demi. The girl who everyone loves. Demi. The girl who I was best friends with until the incident of the 6th grade.

I can still remember that day. March 13, at 9:30PM. March 13th  was my big birthday party bash. It was going to be the party of the year. Everyone was coming. My mom even rented out a hotel room with a pool and everything. It was 9:20 and it was time to open my presents. The best part of the night I remember thinking. I saved Demis present for last. It was now 9:25 and I was opening her present. It was a small gift. A Pandora bracelet with 2 charms on it. The first one said Happy Birthday on it. The second one said Friends Forever. I decided to joke with her a bit and said “eww a Pandora bracelet? Those are SO last year! And Friends forever? Ya right like THAT will happen.” everyone laughed except her. I have her a nudge to say I was joking. Then we all went to the pool and my mom was carrying out a huge cake. “HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUU. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUU! HAPPY BIRRTHHDDAYY DEAR EMIALYYY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUU!!!” all of a sudden Demi took the cake from my mom and threw it at my face. There was cake everywhere and even worse than that, I slipped and fell into the pool. It was so embarrassing for me. Everyone was laughing at me. Demi was already the one that people liked more than me so they all took her side and went against me. Ever sense then everything was different. I was called CAKE FACE and the PUSHOVER for years. 

How could I ever believe that Demi wanted to be friends with me again? She only wanted Louis.  Somehow, I still blame this on me, because I didn’t have to go to that party. Life sucks man. 

One evening the doorbell rang. My mom got it because I was the living dead. 

“Who are you?” my mom asked. 

“umm, my name is Louis Tomlinson, and I am here to see your daughter.”

Oh shit. 

“Shes not home” 

My mom actually thought I was out of the house. THAT’S how much she cares.

“Well can you giver her this for me when she gets back?”

What could he want to give me?

“ya sure whatever. Bye” then the door slammed. 

I peeked my head over the railing to see what he gave my mom. It was a small white envelope. She threw it on the pile of junk on the table and sat back down with my sister. I want to see it, but I also am fine with my mom thinking that I’m not home, so I done dare on even planning to go near it any time soon. Not until she’s out of the house. 

How long has it been? I don’t know. A day or 2 sense Louis showed up with the envelope. My mom? You would be surprised at how long she can stay inside a house for. Finally I hear a door slam. I peek my hear from the railing. No one. The ghost is clear and I go downstairs and take the white envelope and open it. A note. 

“Dear Emialy,

Please forgive me. What you saw at the party isn’t what it seemed at all. That girl, I don’t even know her name, was wasted and she threw herself on me. I guess I was drunk too because I’m not even going to deny that I kissed her back. But as soon as I saw your face and realized what I was doing I snapped out of it. My heart was completely crushed to see you like that. It still is. I guess I am writing this note to apologize to you, and to say goodbye. This is the last time I will probably ever see you. My holiday in America is over now, and I will be heading back to England. My flight is on March 13, at 7:00 PM. Then I am gone. I understand if you don’t care, or don’t want to speak to me ever again, but I thought I would let you know.

I love you Emialy Polsh, I always have and I always will. 

Goodbye

-Louis”

I am crying now. I don’t even know what to do. The flight is on March 13th at 7:00. Its probably already passed. I check the date on my phone. March 13. 6:15 PM. How long does it take to get to the airport?  45 minutes. That’s a risk I am willing to take. I run to my car and race to the airport. It is 6:50 when I arrive. 10 minutes. Ticket and security, 3 minutes until the plane leaves. I made it. I step into the plane. With 1 minute until it takes off. I have glasses and a sweatshirt on so no one recognizes me. The plane is full except for one seat, for me.  The first thing I see is Louis. He is leaning forward with his head in his hands. The boys are comforting him about something. Suddenly, he gets out of his chair and is yelling at the boys. 

“I don’t care if she’s just a girl or not I am NOT leaving without her. She needs to know the truth. I bet her mum didn’t even give her the note or else she would have came. I know her. She would have came!” 

He was making quite the scene. The boys are trying to push him back into his seat now but Louis is still fighting. 

“No she needs to know the truth!!!” He plows himself past the boys towards the front of the plane. Towards the door. Thankfully, I am the seat closest to the door so I stand up and block his path. He is actually crying now. 

“Please I need to leave” He tries to shove past me but I don’t let him through.

“I’m’ afraid I cant let you do that.”

“And why not?”

I take off my bug glasses and hat and kiss him.

He is shocked first, stiff, then I feel him smile a little, we are both crying so our tears are soaking us. We pull away and look into each others eyes. One by one, everyone starts clapping.  They are cheering for us. Still holding each other, we laugh in-between our sobs of happiness. It takes the whole flight attendance to calm everyone down after that, and a passenger switched seats with Louis so we could be together. We were just holding each other, no words needed. Then after what must have been at lease a half hour, I whisper:

“I’m so sorry for leaving you”

“I love you Emialy” he whispers back

“I love you too.” 

We cuddle for a bit more, then I drift off with my head resting on Louis shoulder.

I snap awake. Louis is asleep with his head resting on mine, so I just think about what I have just done. I just got on a plane, with my boyfriend, going to another country, without any adult knowing where I am, and I don’t have any luggage. Nothing but my passport. 

Oh shit.