The Test Results

She laid in the bed unconscious. A nurse came up and checked the girl.

She was Jane Doe, no ID, no nothing. No one knew who she was and no one had been looking for her.

As the nurse was checking her vitals, the neurologist came in.

"How is Jane doing?"

"Her vitals are good, but she hasn't shown any signs of waking."

"Hmmmm." The doctor mused walking closer to her patient.

She was a pretty girl, Jane. Long brown hair, flawless skin, and a relatively fit body. She'd come in after getting hit by a car. The cuts on her body had healed almost miraculously fast. There was no internal damage or bleeding. She was the picture of heath, and yet she was unconscious.

Nancy Fisher, one of the residential neurologist had been called in last week to check her brain activity. There was no brain damage or tumors, the brain actually seemed quite active, rather than dormant like usual coma patients.

Nancy brought a bag into the patients room, put it on one of the chairs.

"What are you going to do, Dr Fisher?" The nurse asked, curious.

"I'm going to track her brain activity today, see what makes it her brain activity go up or down and see what parts of her brain are more active. Maybe we'll find out why she's asleep."

The nurse nods, "Let me know if you need any help."

"Thank you."

The nurse left and Nancy began putting different sensors on the girls head, connecting them to different wires and then to the monitor she brought with her.

Nancy sat in one of the chairs beside the bed and watched the monitor.

Nancy watched as the monitor as the signals fell into a pattern.

"Alright, let's test this out." Nancy says. "Can you hear me?"

The signals move up, showing brain activity.

"So you might be hearing me, you might not."

They moved up and down like before.

"What else can I ask you..." Nancy thought out loud. "Why aren't you waking up?" Nancy asks, mostly to herself.

Suddenly, the monitor began to go crazy. The girl brain activity began to go haywire. Nancy stood and looked at the girls vitals. Her heart rate slowly went up.

The girl suddenly opened her eyes, gasping for breath. She looked around wildly. Nancy moved forward, holding the girl down, trying to get her attention.

"Hey, hey, it's ok. You're ok now." Nancy tells her.

The girl looked at Nancy with wide eyes than slowly began to calm down.

The nurse runs in.

"She's awake." Nancy tells her.

"Oh my goodness, I'll go get her other doctor." The nurse says before leaving.

"Hey there, can you tell me your name?"

The girl just stares at Nancy before taking a deep breath and closing her eye.

"Do you speak English?" Nancy asks.

"I can't remember." The girl whispers.

"What?"

"I can't remember." The girl repeats herself.

"Can't remember what?"

"Anything. I can't remember anything."

The girl suddenly looks terrified.

"Hey, it's ok. It's not uncommon for trauma patients to suffer from amnesia."

She nods, still concerned.

Her other doctor, Dr Greg Forest, walks in and began to ask her more questions. Nancy stayed, feeling as if the girl needed her.

The good thing was her test had actually worked. She had more prove that coma patients could hear while in a coma. Though the test results weren't what she expected.

Nancy suspected that this girl had a big story to tell, but since she couldn't remember, maybe no one will ever hear it.

----------

Another one in the books! Literally. Hahaha I'm so funny.