3. PROSPECTIVE ATTACHMENT

3| prospective attachment

"Reunion reveals friendship potential that haven't yet been emerged in the past."
- Toba Beta.

※※※※

"Katherine." Daddy calls me, and I looked up at him as he just stands there at my bedroom doorframe, a smile making it's way up to my lips and stands up from sitting down on my bed, approaching him and giving him a questioning look as I touched his tie. "Where were you last night?"

"I told you I was with Roxanne, didn't I?" I sighed. "She just.. wanted some relief before the recruitment, and I helped her.. out."

"Define out." He demands and I tsked, leaving him to give me a look. "She's your chosen candidate for the replacement of Lancelot? Is it?"

"Can we not talk about that now?" I sighed. "Please?"

"You could at least define the term 'out' for me." He says lowly.

"Yeah, and after that, you're going to lecture me about Lancelot's replacement again." I said in frustration as he shakes his head. "Yes! I mean, that's all you ever talk about! No more father-daughter bonding time?"

"Time is not our friend." He reminds me and sighs. "I really do apologize for not having the time to.. spend more time with you as a daughter-"

"Yeah, Arthur is not our friend too." I said with a raise of my eyebrows. "He's a snob is what he is."

"That's what I told him." He shrugs. "Respectively."

"Respectiv- okay then." I nodded and giggled at that. "You can be such a savage at times, you know that? Galahad."

He then looks down at my necklace which has a silver butterfly pendant, the one he gave to me as a gift on my tenth birthday, and that I always wear it, even when I grew up by replacing the string due to it's change of length depending on my neck, before he looks back up at me as I smiled and took his hand in mine.

"You know, sometimes I think Kingsman doesn't mean anything to me as long as I got you." I confessed. "All my life, they've teased me for not having a mother, but that's.."

"It's against the rules." He reminds me and I nodded lightly.

"Yeah." I sighed quietly. "I went to a pub, Daddy."

"A pub?" He asks to be more specific.

"Black Prince." I stated. "Though I didn't drink anything."

"As always." He points out and I chuckled. "There was a show.. in which this.. boy- around my age, stole this thug's car keys and, well.."

"..boys will be boys." He continues.

"I think they got arrested." I said as I tilted my head a bit. "Because they were.. literally doing it in front of a police car. It was entertaining though."

"Katherine." He stops me from talking about the event from last night. "After what happened to James.. well, after everything we went through with James.. I knew-"

I cut him off by sighing at that and let his hand go.

"Merlin told." I guessed and looked down in shame. "Didn't he?"

"I will always know, Katherine." He sighs. "I will always be one step ahead of you, remember? There is impossibly nothing you can ever hide from me."

"Yeah." I sighed quietly. "But I stopped it, okay? He's dead. I got over it."

"Good." He replies.

※※※※

Finally, for the first time in seventeen years, Oxfords not Brogues finally rang, which means that boy I gave that Medal of Valor to called to free himself out of imprisonment since Daddy has to return the favor for being saved by the boy's father. Seventeen years since the boy and I met each other, as I can remember roughly that he was playing with a snow globe back then. Which is why both Daddy and I are now waiting outside of the police station by the stairs, even though he insisted that I should be somewhere else. I only wanted to come with him with the excuse that I was the one who gave the boy that medal.