11. MIND

11| mind

"What is it about you that makes me still care?"
- Stefan Salvatore.

※※※※

As Merlin gets the three envelopes ready for the last three remaining recruits at his desk, I swiped on my tablet a few times with a frown plastered on my face when I read the recent news while Merlin then turns to me, nearing to be on my side as he looked at the screen of my tablet as well as I swiped one more time where what is shown on the screen is a biography of a woman before I stated, "Our.. ever-growing list of missing persons now includes Scandinavian royalty- two, actually.." I glanced up at him. "..Royal Crown Princess Azaelia, and.." I swiped once more to show another woman's biography. "..Princess Tilde. Look, I'm a bit slow when it comes to.. Sweden, but.. they aren't sisters, right? I mean, judging by.." I swiped between the two in which the difference between the two is by their hair, especially.

Royal Crown Princess Azaelia with the ginger red locks, while Princess Tilde with the golden blonde hair. Not that I am that clueless when it comes to royal families, because I watch and read about them at times, but the last time I remember about Scandinavian royalty is about the Royal Crown Prince and Princess Tilde the only ones known as prince and princess.

"They're sisters in-law." Merlin points out which makes me look up at him as he glances at me while he hums lightly. "Maybe you're not a bit slow after all, because.. Azaelia is chosen to marry the Crown Prince of Sweden. 2012, Katherine. You forgot to read about royals-"

"I don't forget." I interrupted him with a roll of my eyes. "Time won't let me, as excused as that sounds, but yeah, okay, I procrastinate." I shrugged and he gives me a look in which I looked up at him shortly. "Merry, don't give me that look. You know I only care about missions now. Not people."

"Still, don't forget your reading." He nods once at my tablet before he then starts to make his way out of his office when I spoke up to him once more.

"Yeah, well then, tell me about this.. chosen commoner, oops, that just slipped, but seriously." He turns around to look at me as I looked up at him in return. "You're the tinker. Who is Princess Azaelia? I missed 2012, I guess."

"Yes, you did." He nods lightly. "But you're right: she is a commoner. A lucky one who was chosen to be married by the King of Sweden due to her very superior intelligence. Not really that much of information about her family, but she's an American. Most people rumored that she can be very complicated, and sometimes not very kind to people."

"Oh, and the King chose that type of girl to be the next queen?" I scoffed.

"Yes, he did." He replies. "Though it's not really about what she feels toward her husband, the important thing is, her.." He points at his head, gesturing that he means the brain. "..some people say she's very good in statistics, business, economics, and even art-"

"Who is she then, Leonardo Da Vinci?" I scoffed once more in silent amusement and envy of her gifted achievements.

"Possibly." He shrugs before the television on the wall then shows the recent news as both Merlin and I then turned our attention to it.

"The list of missing celebrities and dignitaries has continued to grow in recent weeks and the world leaders are coming under increasing pressure to provide answers."

The clip then changes to show the Prime Minister of Sweden, "We are doing everything in our power to find Princess Azaelia and Princess Tilde. You know, governments and security forces worldwide are working together to find the person behind these abductions."