6. RESENTMENT

6| resentment

"Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time."
- Drake.

Leaving the room after finished getting dressed for tonight, I stopped in my tracks as I took my tablet out of my purse while I sense someone approaching from behind, either it's Daddy or Merlin, while I switched the tablet on with it's battery a hundred percent full from the recent charge as the man approaching is known to be Merlin, and I smiled up at him when he urges me to continue, which I did so with him just beside me. I swiped on some things on my tablet until I reached the controls and settings of the cadet barracks as they are in for a little surprise tonight. When it comes to their training, it's known that Merlin and I are going to stay together through the whole thing in guiding, instructing and overseeing them, meaning Daddy- Galahad is known to be our boss, as Arthur is our biggest boss.

"What were you doing, staying there with them unprofessionally?" Merlin questions me. "In fact, that's not even my only question. What would Galahad think if he finds out what you were doing in there? You're not one of them. So, don't bother to blend in. Better yet, when your father doesn't know. This would be counted as a safety tip for you then."

"I need a distraction." I revealed and sighed at the thought. "I.." I trailed off and looked around us just in case nobody's around to hear us. "You see, I'm developing feelings for someone. Like, I don't know if it's because I'm sorry for him, or.. maybe because the money was on him to show a little gratitude for Daddy and I because we got him released from getting arrested-"

"Katherine." He stops me as we then entered a room where there is only a two-way mirror on the wall to which we can see the inside of the cadet barracks through it, seeing the recruits in their own bed. "What the heck is going on with you? I've seen you developing 'feelings' for someone, and it never really comes to this, unless these feelings are real, and that it's not just called a 'crush', is it? Kath, come on now. What would your father think?"

"Oh, it's all about what he thinks, huh?" I scoffed lightly and he just stares at me which makes me sigh and handed him the tablet to which he turns to it and presses some things on it. "Yeah, of course. It always has to be him. Look, what I felt for James.." I paused shortly as he only hums at that. "..I fell for his looks, which.. is counted as a crush, but this.. I think you're right."

"Aren't I always?" He replies cockily which makes me roll my eyes playfully.

"Yeah, okay. Shove that pride down your throat now." I playfully teased him. "As I was saying.." I let out a long sigh as I watched Roxanne speaking to Eggsy as they laid down in each other's own bed, with their head turning to look at each other. "..it's not a crush this time. I mean, I never.. felt this way when it comes to James, not that he even cares about me because he thought I'm just- that he's way too old for me, which.. is true, yeah."

"Katherine, what do you know about love?" He scoffs which makes me turn to him in offense. "How do you even know what you're feeling for that boy is real? Just because you don't feel the same with the last one?"

"I have no idea." I muttered as he sighs and presses a button which makes water start to fill up the cadet barracks while we just watched through the two-way mirror, and I kept my gaze on Eggsy. "It's not a crush."

"Tell you what?" Merlin says as he doesn't even turn to me at that. "Why don't we stay clear of that through their training? Before Galahad finds out."

"Yeah, okay." I sighed quietly and kept watching as one by one, the recruits switched on their night light and they then started to stand on their bed while I can see Amelia starts to panic, and sighed at that.