8. DEMORALIZED

8| demoralized

"Whenever you come around, I get weak in the knees, and I lose my breath. I try to speak but the words won't come, I'm so scared to death, and when you smile that smile, the world turns upside down, whenever you come around."
- Kenji.

Having Charlie Hesketh as one's boyfriend is not that bad, only because the relationship is almost filled with sex most of the times, a man- fuckboy, who doesn't care of what I think at times whenever he is the one himself who asks me about myself, he is unsupportive of what I think about Daddy's coma, always being all over me as if he is that thirsty and that he can't calm down when he actually doesn't really know me that much.. until now, when I snapped and that he blames it all on me as he tries to play the innocent card between us, in which he directs whatever the things he really did which he is truly aware of, to me, as if I am the thirsty fuckboy in this.

A quiet sigh leaves my lips as I am now alone, on my way to the medical center to check on Daddy, though I have to walk past the cadet barracks to do so, outside where their laundries are, and stops in my tracks when I sensed and heard someone- one of the recruits not in their room right now. Due to that, I slowly approached as I saw the man himself- Eggsy, who has his pyjamas wet as if he had just showered while wearing it, as he is muttering and cursing to himself while he changes in some new and dry ones to continue for tonight, and a small smile makes it's way to my lips at the sight of him this way. Purposely, I cleared my throat when he is shirtless, causing him to flinch and turn around in surprise with his eyes wide, though he sighs in relief when he sees me laughing shortly and slowly approaching him, but not inches close and he glances at the room's door.

"I uh.. I must look.. really ridiculous right now-"

"If you want another water task, you can always say so-"

"No. No thanks. I.." He trails off as I chuckled. "It's just, Charlie. He can be a total dickhead at times, and now, he.. well.." He gestures to the wet pyjamas which he had already dumped in the laundry basket.

"Eggsy, you alright?" Roxanne is heard as she leaves the cadet barracks and Eggsy turns to look at her first while I sighed quietly. "Hey Kath."

"Roxanne." I called her back and faked a smile, though slowly frowned when the certain fuckboy makes his way out the door as well, and is about to speak to my best friend when she avoids him while Eggsy moves over to him after he has worn his dry pyjamas on.

"You ain't touching her, bruv." Eggsy tells him as he defends Roxanne.

"What makes you think that has any power over me?" Charlie scoffs.

"You lay a finger on her, I'll rip your entire arm off." Eggsy threatens him.

"Yeah, and if any rough fight occurs between either of you recruits.." I trailed off as the three then turned to me. "..I will have no trouble whatsoever to kick you out. Try and watch me, if you dare."

"You're not in control." Charlie scoffs at me. "Get over yourself."

"Yeah, and I will if you would tell me why you'd choose tonight to pick on another recruit." I snapped as Roxanne holds Eggsy close at that. "Try picking out on someone who knows why you'd do what you do."

"Unbelievable." He says dramatically but playfully as he glances at Eggsy. "Wow. You would do that.. for.." He points at Eggsy. "..that?"

"Him." Roxanne emphasizes. "He's a him, Charlie, as in a 'gentleman'."

Though Charlie only ignores her as he has his gaze on me now, and Roxanne glances between the two of us while Eggsy slowly turned his gaze to me too.