9. INFATUATION

9| infatuation

"I loved you once, I love you still, I always have, I always will."
- Anonymous. 

As my phone vibrates in my purse when that is certainly from Merlin, I sighed and looked away from Daddy for a while who has been giving me a lecture about my busted relationship with Charlie, and he must have forgotten that I should be in Merlin's office right now to oversee the recruits' training for today. Slowly, I took my phone out of my purse and was right when I did receive a reminder from him, while Daddy then takes the phone out of my grasp, and I tried to retrieve it with little to no success at all, causing me to stomp one of my foot down on the floor as I crossed my arms, giving him a look as he stares at me for a while before speaking again.

"Listen to me when I'm talking to you."

"I am! Just.. give me my phone back-" I reached out for it again only for him to raise it higher in the air which is irretrievable. "Seriously? Snatching a lady's phone just because you think she's not paying attention to you? That's very.. un-gentleman-ish of you."

"You do know how I can be whenever you do something else while I'm telling you about something. That also means not paying attention." He sighs and slowly hands me my phone back. "It's not that I don't trust you. The thing is, I will always know the tricks and tactics you use in every situation which includes this. You do know how we're supposed to be classified when it comes to them, don't you? I'll count your best friend in because I know she's a good friend to you. A very good secret keeper."

"Yeah, so can you please stop complimenting Roxanne that much now?" I sassed and he sighs once more in which I then stood on my tiptoes as I pecked his cheek, and smiling sweetly at him. "Love you."

"I love you too." He replies just before I turned and walked away, leading to Merlin's office where I entered without knocking, as usual, who is now drinking his mug of coffee to which he hands me it when I came close enough for me to sip on it as well while he grabs another chair for me to sit next to him on his right while we looked up at the controls and settings of the training which they are about to do: skydiving.

"You should've made me mocha, Merry." I commented on his coffee as he sighs after hearing that least favourite nickname I always gave him when he does something not that right.

"What choice do I have?" He shakes his head lightly as I set the mug down on his desk. "Anyway, what took you so long? You didn't even read the texts I sent you, and then you just came in here, fat shaming my coffee."

"Dad's giving me the whole.. lecture thing, again." I told him a bored tone as he chuckles at that while he works on the controls. "Look, not to sound rude, but.. I really suspect that it's you, and that I will never let us share each other's secrets ever again-"

"Now that's not fair." He interrupts me. "Would you really think your Uncle Merlin would do that to you? You trust me, and I trust you. All the secrets we shared, everyone else is out of the picture, which includes Galahad. Now, if you are going to start asking me why he knows, I.. don't have the answer to that."

"Well, it's because he's my Dad." I shrugged. "That's the answer. And.. I don't know how he knows specifically, because.." I sighed and shook my head lightly. "..it's just hard. Because he's the smartest person I know."

"Of course he is." He mumbles and I only nodded lightly at that while a memory from last night plays in my mind.

"Remind me again why you choose him to be your candidate." I spoke up after a moment of silence between Daddy and I since he enters my room.