The beginning

Past

"Daddy, why are we out in the desert? It's hot out," I tugged his pant leg. I looked up at him while trying to keep up with his pace.

He looked down on me. He sighed lightly picking me off the ground and carried me in his arms. "Now Amaya, what have I told you about asking me questions?"

I looked at him and smiled wrapping my arms around his neck, "Not to ask you too much. And that things are better left unsaid till I'm older," I answered playing with my fingers trying to avoid eye contact.

"That's right," he adjusted my hat so the sun wouldn't beat down on me.

In the distance was a village boarder. I tilted my head a little and stared at it. Daddy had a look of glee in his eye and walked faster. I don't know why he always lurks around villages looking for things. He never has time for me. Always tells me to get out of his work space.

When we got to the village he put me down and handed me some money. "Now run a long. See if some of the local children will play with you," he patted my head and smiled.

I pouted crossing my arms, "But daddy! You promised you would spend my birthday with me!"

"I know sweetie, but things don't work out like they should now do they?" he waved his hands shooing me away. "Now run along little one," he said once again. I gave him one last dirty look and walked away into the market.

When daddy and I are traveling, he takes care of buying food and clothes. I get to buy things that make me happy. I decided to go into a flower shop to buy daddy some flowers. He always likes the flowers I give him.

I bent over and looked at the buckets that were filled with flowers. Some were roses, some were daffodils, others were daisy's. They were really pretty. I went to the cashier and gave her some money and she gave me something to put the flowers in. I started with the roses and went on from there.

Someone bumped into me from behind and I fell onto the ground. I got up and brushed the dirt off . There was a kid my age and my height staring at me. He has red, short, spiky hair, and turquoise like eyes. He was wearing a shawl and brown taki pants. He was holding this beaten old teddy bear that needed a few repairs.

"I-I didn't mean to bump into you. Please don't be angry and run away," he pleaded with a look of sadness.

I tilted my head questionably at him, "I'm not mad at all." He smiled a little. "Accidents happen you know. Hey what's your name?"

"I-I'm G-Gaara." He replied shyly looking at the ground. He started clutching his teddy bear nervously kicked the ground softly.

"That's a cool name! I'm Amaya. I'm from the Uwabami clan!" I smiled at him.

"U-Uwabami? What's that?" he looked up at me curiously.

"It's a clan that is based on snakes. Our chakra is built from them. In a way, we were born to worship and follow snakes."

"Y-You don't look like a snake." He commented.

I smiled, "I'm glad too. My daddy looks like on though. Its scary. I don't want to grow up and look like him. I want to look like my mommy."

He smiled a little. "M-my dad is the Kazekage."

"That's so cool! I wish my daddy was that cool," I pouted. I paid for the flowers and the two of us walked out of the store. I noticed the sun was starting to set.

Daddy was standing outside looking like he found something. "Amaya, we're staying the night. I need you to go to that hotel now," he pointed to a building near by.