Kakashi and Amaya's beginning

5 years ago

"Mr. Hatake?" I asked shyly. He carried me on his back while we were heading to the village. It was still night and we were a long ways away from the village.

He looked at me with the corner of his eye, "Yes? What is it?"

"When we get back to the village, will I be entering the middle of the school year or the last part?" I asked curiously.

He thought about for a couple minutes then looked back at me slightly. "Well now that I think about it, it will be a new school year. You shouldn't worry." He tried to reassure me. "Besides, I'm surprised that's the first thing you asked me." He chuckled.

"What do you mean?" I was puzzled.

"Well you didn't ask me why I'm letting a complete stranger live in my home. Why I'm giving you food and water, clothes, and last but not least why I haven't and won't send you into the council to be tried." He replied back.

I was silent for a while and thought about his question. "Why are you doing all that for me Mr. Hatake?" The puzzled look didn't leave my face.

I couldn't see his smile but I could sense it. "Because I know that if I did send you to the council you wouldn't be able to have a normal life. You would always be watched and nobody would treat you like their equal. Your father has done terrible things to this village. Because you're his daughter, people will assume you are just like him." He replied back in a concerned tone. "I'm assuming your life has been terrible anyways; am I right?" He asked knowing I would say yes.

I nodded weakly not daring to make eye contact. "That's what I thought. You don't need any more misery than you already have." He added. From the sound in his voice he seemed like he cared.

"Does that mean you're going to watch me?" I looked at him hopeful.

He nodded. "That's right. School won't start for another week. So we have time to get you ready."

I smiled and hugged him. "Thank you Mr. Hatake."

He chuckled, "Please just call me Kakashi."

"O-okay." I blushed a little. I think I found my new dad. I hope returning back to the village is as easy as he made it sound like.

When we got back to the village we went strait to his house. He turned on the lights and put me down. The living area was huge! It looked so cozy I could just pass out on the couch. He showed me the kitchen and the bathroom. He also showed me his room. Although there wasn't a lot in there it still was a decent room.

We walked down the hallway and stopped by a door. "And this will be your room." He opened the door and a smile came on my face. It was a fairly medium size room. About the size of his room. The bed was by the window and the walls were a sea blue color. "There's not a lot yet, but once you're comfortable we can liven this room up." He added warmly..

"This whole room is mine?" The thought of having my own room was still unbelievable. Father never let me sleep in my own room.

He nodded, "Yep. It's all yours." He held out an old tshirt, "I know you don't have much, here's one my old shirts you can sleep with."

I took the shirt and stared at it. Then I looked at him smiling. "Thank you mister. I appreciate this."

He patted my head and smiled, "No problem. Now you should be getting to bed. Its been a long day. And I'm sure you're exhausted." He picked me up and carried me to bed. "I'll see you in the morning."

He turned around on his heal and walked towards the door. He looked at me one last time for the night then turned off the light and closed the door. I sighed happily while changing into the shirt he gave me. It had an old spice scent on it and it smelt heavenly.