My first mission

Later that day I was summoned into the council room. When I got there Homura, Lady Koharu, and my squad leader (I have no clue what his name is yet) of my Anbu team was waiting for me.

I stood before then and bowed my head slightly. "Mind my asking of what am I being summoned for?"

"We have a mission for you to go to the Sand Village. The village wishes to surrender to us." Homura replied.

"Surrender? What for?" I cocked my head to the side shifting my weight to the left feeling a bit uneasy.

"It seems that Orochimaru has murdered their Kazegage. They wish to be on speaking terms with us." Koharu informed. "We told them we would send one of our Elite Jounin to negotiate and bring our terms to them."

"I see. You want me to go?" I was gathering up questions and taking notes in my head. Orochimaru is killing Kages. I put my hand under my chin and thought about it for a moment.

The three of them nodded. "Yes. We see you are best fit for this task since you have been one of the only leaf ninja to be in their village on good terms." Homura stated. "Once you have them on good terms with us you may return."

I nodded. "I understand. Do you want me to go in my Anbu uniform or normal clothing?"

"This is your first Anbu mission, but we want you to wear normal clothing. If you get in some kind of trouble on the way there, we wouldn't want you to blow your cover." My squad leader answered.

I nodded. "I understand. When do you want me to leave?"

"We told them you will be there at nightfall." Homura replied.

"Nightfall!? It takes three days by foot! That's impossible!" I protested crossing my arms angrily.

They smiled at me. "That's another reason why we picked you. You have the ability to fly can't you?" He asked. I nodded. I forgot about Kazuma. "Flying takes up most of the journey. Once you get close enough you will have to go by foot. Now go pack your things and leave." I nodded and took the scrolls they wanted me to bring then left

I packed enough clothing to last me a week. I have a feeling I will be there longer than a day. I made sure I had all the necessary weapons I needed then headed towards the gate. I had the scrolls packed away with my clothes along with a few snacks in case I get hungry.

Once I was a safe distance away from the village I summoned Kazuma. He looked at me curiously. "Another ride around the land?"

I shook my head. "Nope not this time. I need you to bring me to the Sand Village before nightfall." I told him.

He stretched his wings and took to the sky. "I'll get you there in two hours!" He smiled. "You'll be there long before nightfall." 

During the trip I decided to take a little nap. I wasn't long until we made it to the outsides of the village. I jumped off Kazuma's back and sent him back. Then I started walking until I made it to the boarder of the village

One of the guards stopped me. "State your business." He barked.

I held up two scrolls. "Negotiations with from the Leaf Village." I stated.

The guard nodded and turned around. "Gaara! Take the visitor to the council." He ordered.

Gaara came out from the shadows and looked surprised to see me. He did as he was told and lead me to their main building. I looked around the village and smiled a little. It was exactly like I remembered it.

"Mind telling me what you're doing here? I thought the Leaf was sending an Elite Jounin. Not a Chuunin." He asked a bit annoyed. I looked at him and he was covered in bandages.