Part 6

It took Kenny exactly eight days to finally decide to use Lisa's number. To say Lisa felt it was about time would be considered an understatement. She even wondered for a moment if she would hear from the blond at all. Finally, at about 9:40 Saturday night, a text from an unknown contact rang through. "Hey it's me," the text read.

"I don't know anyone named me," she replied.

"How unfortunate for you. I really am worth knowing," she sent back with no hesitation.

"What are you doing?" came through just moments later.

"I'm at home."

"I'd like to see you."

"When?"

"Right now. I'll come to you."

"Wait," Lisa sent, deciding to be cautious even though she was sure she knew who was texting her, "Who is this?"

"Kenan."

"Kent."

"Dammit."

"Kenny!"

"Having trouble?" Lisa asked.

"Autocorrect thinks my name is made up," she responded. Lisa laughed to herself and she typed out her address.

"Ok I'm leaving my house now. I'll be there in an hour." She read the woman's response in confusion. Lisa's home was only about six miles from Kenny's. It shouldn't take that long even with terrible traffic.

"Why so long?" she asked.

"I'm running," Kenny answered.

"It's so late! Just drive."

"I don't have a car," Kenny text. Now that Lisa had thought about it, she had never seen the girl do anything but walk. She had always just assumed she had a car parked somewhere.

"Stay where you are. I'll come to you," Lisa typed out quickly, as she dug into her purse for her keys.

"Ok, we are on the roof." Lisa responded to this text with a question mark, but Kenny gave no further explanation for this odd location.

When she arrived at Kenny's apartment, she realized it was not going to be hard to find her way to the roof. There was clearly a party in full swing. There were even a couple of girls on the stairs ahead of her that seemed to be going that way. When the door to the roof swung open, the first person she saw was the blond, dragging on a cigarette. They made eye contact right away despite the approximate twenty feet between them. Kenny smiled widely. She tossed her cigarette to the side and hurried towards her. Before Lisa could even say a word the singer had both arms wrapped around her, lifting her off the ground as she kissed her enthusiastically.

"I'm glad you're here!" was the first thing she said.

"So am I!" Lisa replied, "Are you drunk?" Kenny was by no means sloppy, but her eyes were slightly glassy and her smile was wider than normal. She could tell the usually closed off woman was less guarded than usual, leading her to the conclusion that she was drunk.

"No," Kenny answered, "I don't drink." Both of them chuckled at the obvious sarcasm.

"Won't your neighbors get mad that you guys are partying up here?" Lisa questioned.

"No, they're all here," Kenny shared.

"Lisa!" Jason yelled from the other side of the roof, where he sat next to the keg and another man she didn't recognize. She waved to him. At that moment, Heather, the waitress from the bar, slid up behind Kenny, looping her arm in with the blond's while she did so.