Part 10

"Hey there good looking!" Lisa called from where she was waiting by her parked car. She stood in the gym parking lot, waiting for the blond to finish her workout. When she finally came out, her skin was still glistening with sweat. The contrast of the cold night air and her body temperature caused steam to rise off of her bare shoulders, but she made no move to put her jacket on.

"Hey!" Kenny called back to her, "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to see you," Lisa replied, "I thought I'd surprise you with dinner but I underestimated how hard you work in this place."

"Yeah, I'm gross," Kenny agreed.

"Still cute though," Lisa assured her. Kenny smirked at her, leaning in to greet her with a kiss.

"That's always a given," Kenny responded once their lips parted, "How about your place? I'll make dinner."

"After a shower," Lisa jokingly instructed her as she pulled her passenger door open for the woman.

A half an hour later, Lisa sat at her kitchen counter, watching a freshly showered Kenny, clad only in sweatpants and a sports bra, open a bottle of wine for them. It had been a little over six weeks since their trip to the beach and so much had changed between them since then. They spent more time together now than they had before. More of it was spent talking, less of it making out like high schoolers. Though Kenny made sure there was still plenty of time spent making out, other things had changed about the blond. Her smile was softer. She only occasionally took on her normal smirk.

Their conversations had become slower and more in depth. She offered up information about herself more willingly and shared her opinions. Lisa was finding out that this life of the party girl was also a very deep thinker. They'd made a favorite pastime of friendly debates. As a lawyer, Lisa was natural in this form of conversation, but Kenny kept right up. Lisa would almost even say she was better than her in some ways.

This change was making Lisa's emotions a little more complicated. Before, it was a fun fling with an exciting younger woman. Now, it was long talks, emotional moments, and a deeper connection. It was getting harder and harder to take this relationship day by day. Lisa found herself thinking about inviting Kenny to a family dinner or offering to let her keep a tooth brush at her place. These were small steps, but they seemed like something that would be a big deal to someone who lived such a temporary existence that she didn't even have furniture.

"So, I was talking to Jason today," Lisa stated.

"Jason?" Kenny questioned as she poured a glass of wine, "Since when do you and Jason talk?"

"Since before I even knew you," Lisa shot back.

"True," Kenny said with a nod.

"He told me about The Craze," Lisa said cautiously, fully prepared for the groan that came out of Kenny's throat.

"Damn big mouth," she cussed Jason under her breath.

"Oh, knock it off," Lisa laughed, "He thinks it's a good idea and so do I!"

"I've always been more of the solo act type," Kenny argued.

"It's one night!" Lisa pointed out.

"And two weeks of rehearsals," Kenny replied.

"Two weeks' worth of time is going to pass by anyways," Lisa said, "Why not spend it doing something you love to do." This point caused the blond to hesitate in responding, but only for a moment. Lisa pushed herself up onto the counter while she watched her contemplate her next sentence.