Gain to Fail:2

Ivory POV

Dad spent the weekend at Sunny Chicken trying to see if he could get some of his old buddies to open up with him. I stayed with mom mostly reading to her. I even had an elderly woman listening as I read.

Taking a break I go to the restroom and stop seeing Hyunwoo sitting in the hallway. 

"Hyunwoo?"

He looks up at me with a distort look on his face. He quickly pulls himself together.

"Hey Ivory. Funny seeing you here. Oh I did want to ask you, why is your name so American?"

Sitting down next to him, I answer his question, "My father is from the states. He was stationed in from the military here in South Korea. My mother was a nurse on same base. After meeting they fell in love and then had me."

"That is a cute story. My parents we're high school sweet hearts."

"Oh I'm so jealous. By the way how old are you?"

"20."

"Me too!"

"Also good luck with your first day of work tomorrow. If you need anything, I'm always there so I'll protect you."

I laugh at him, "I may seem weak but I bet I could beat you in a race and pull ups if I wanted to."

"Oh really?" He raised his eyebrow smirking.

"Don't let my petite figure fool you. But um I should get back. Will you be there tomorrow night?"

"Yup. Oh and if you want, I can pick you up?"

"Um no thank you. I have a lot to get done before I go but I'll see you there."

"See yea." 

Going back to her room Dad is there giving her a small bath. I take the cloth helping him. The darkness under his eyes told me he didn't get much sleep.

"Dad are you doing okay?

"As long as your mother is okay, Ill be okay. Uh This is all my fault. Your mother was asking me to help her reach the bowls on the top but I was being lazy and told her I would get it later. I should have known your mother would try and get it herself. I'm the worst husband."

"No your not Dad. That's like saying it's my fault because I went to school."

"Don't ever say that. Your mother will be so proud."

"Of course she would.  Well I'm going home try and get some sleep. I'm going to clean up at sunny chicken and later I'll be in Seoul. Hyeon and I joined a new study group for the summer."

"Sounds perfect, sweetheart. Oh here." He takes out his wallet and hands me 20,000 won.

"Dad I'm fine. I have enough bus passes and I'll eat at home. I'll bring some food over before I head to Seoul tomorrow."

"Aww sweetheart you don't have to do that if you don't want to."

"No Dad I will promise." Leaving the bus ride home seemed like forever. Tired I go to my room and lay out. 

In the morning, Hyeon was free to help me help clean up. 

Hyeon is the only friend that I really cared for after high school. Standing next to me she gossips about our old school mates.

"The Kim couple are already getting married. Oh Young is a trainie at SM. Jo-"

"Hyeon Okay. How are you doing?"

"Good. You know Jahyun is going to SKY Uni too." That stopped me in my tracks. He was my biggest crush. Every girl wanted him. He's the heir to a big company, tall, strong and smart. I hid my excitement.