Twilight to Star:17

Ivory

I have never felt so drunk like. His lips. His Body. His strong arms. His firm hands. I touch my lips remembering the feeling. The tingle.

It's all I've been thinking about for the past month. We never talked about it. In fact Jay acted like it never happened. I even feel a distance between us. He still takes me out like normal. He just doesn't touch me as much.

Laying in bed I stare at the ceiling. I wonder what'll happen if I kiss him again.

*knock*

I sit up, "Come in."

Jay comes in with a gentle smile, "Ready to visit your parents?" Oh right. Dad called saying he wanted Jay to see mom then go out to lunch."

"Yup!"

On our way there, Jay laid his hand in mine holding it. I glanced at him but he was focused on the road.

Getting to moms room, she looks smaller then last time. More pale and lifeless. Seeing her like this hurts my heart.

"Ivory, Jay." I turn to dad just coming into her room.

"Dad. Do you think she'll be okay?"

"The specialist Jay brung said he has done everything he can do. It's up to your mom when she'll wake up." I turn back to her and hold her hand.

Dad grabbed Jay and went to go get tea giving me some alone time.

I sit down as tears flood my eyes.

"Ma please wake up. I want you to see how the restaurant is going. Its turning out really nice so we'll have better business. Then I'm doing good in school, I just wish you could have been there to see my first day of school. Also theres Jay. I don't know what we are but he has definitely helped make everything easier. I think you would like him. But if we start liking him, itll just make saying goodbye harder." I pause for a moment and just stare at her till I felt her squeeze my hand.

"Mom!" I hold her hand harder. "Mom. Mommy! Can you hear me?" Dad and Jay soon came back in.

With tears in my eyes I tell them, "She-she squeezed my hand. She moved." Dad comes closer and takes her another hand while Jay goes to get the doctor.

Once back we explained what happened, then went to the waiting room while they examine her.

A couple of minutes later her doctor comes over to us.

"So Mrs. Rose is responding to some of our tests. Her brain activity has also increased. I wish I could give you better news but this is good news. She could wake up soon."

"Thank you. Thank you for saving my wife." Dad bowed and shook her hand so hard. Seeing Mom today made me feel so much better.

Going out eat, Jay did too much. We went to this fancy Japanese restaurant.

Dad was amazed. "Wow. We could have went somewhere local or even eaten at the hospital."

Jay disagreed, "No, I wanted to spoil you for once. With the restaurant opening soon."

"You are too kind. A true blessing to my family." I shake my head.

Jay orders so much food so my dad can have more back with him. The whole time, Jay and Dad talk like they're the best of friends.

Dad asks me, "How school? Any interesting things?"

"Other then side events or shows. Hyeon and I just mostly study and go to study groups."

"How is your relationship together?" Dad asked both of us.

Jay answers, "I mostly bring them food while their studying or I try to take Ivory out on weekends to relax. I believe her studies are important. I didn't go that route but school wasn't for me. Ivory is perfect. I mean its perfect for Ivory. She's intelligent."

Dad agreed, "She gets that from her mother. The moment I saw her, I knew she was the woman for me. I wanted her from the first time I saw her smile. She was a nurse at my base. I feel bad that I made her settle down and quit nursing."

I added, "From what mom told me, she wanted more time with her family. She stop on her own dad. Plus you know everyone had been telling her to open up a restaurant her whole life. Now she has that dream. Let's make sure that when she wakes up that she'll be the happiest in years."

Dad smiles at me. Hopefully I gave him hope for the future.

Dropping him off at the hospital, Jay drives us back home. Going inside he starts to head into his office.

Nervously I stop him asking, "Are we not going to talk about it?"

He turns to me and looks at me questionably,  "About what?"

"What happened that night?"

He comes closer to me and smirks, "Which night Ivory?"

I softly say, "The kiss." He's now right in front of me. He lowers his head to hear me better, "What?"

"The Kiss!" He raises his eyebrows.

"Oh uh, I don't know. I just thought you didn't want to talk about it." I look at him wide eyed.

"Uh yess. It was our first kiss." He smirks and holds me.

"Well I'm sorry." He lowers his head and plants his soft lips upon mine. Every nerve in my body felt it.

He slowly stopped. Surprised,  I could barely form words, "Wha-"

He moves my hair behind my ear. "I'm going to keep kissing you so you don't have to ever question me about it. My lips are yours. I want you to get more comfortable with me. You're mine." Then he softly kisses me on my forehead.

Before releasing me he tells me, "I'll be out later tonight. Have fun with you're friends tonight by the way."

"Thanks." Was all I could say as he starts heading to his office.

Right! I need to get dressed for the opening of Hyunwoos Mothers Art Galla. The Mistress is coming and so are some of their family members.

I'm so glad Hyeon can come with me. Also Gina and Simon are coming.

Getting dressed in my evening gown, I'm surprised it looks this good on me. It's the dress Jay got for me. Also heels to go with. I flat iron my curls which was harder then you think. I get my heels and jewelry to match. Light makeup with a dark red lip stick. By the time I get ready to leave, Jay had already left.

Getting in my car, I start to pull off when I can barely feel my petal with these heels. I park and run back inside to get my slippers.

Hyeon just laughs at me after I pick her up.

Defensive I state, "You can't even drive. These heels are no joke."

Hyeon Ignored my comment and added, "Haha you even got the bunny slippers I love." She is so silly.