Reliable to Words: 31

Bouncing up and down. I'm super energized that Aurora invited me out on a shopping trip with the girls. This is going to be so fun. I haven't gone out to shop in a while.

As soon as we get there Hyeon, Kimberly, Gina and Aurora strolled through the mall like super models. Getting the attention of everyone as we just have fun to get rid of the worries of life.

2 hours later and hella shopping bags. We had to sit down and recharge. Hyeon went to go get drinks for us, Gina left for ice cream and Kim was waiting in line for pizza. Aurora and I found a table and watched over our things.

Aurora smiles and asks me, "Are you enjoying today?"

"Omo yes! I can't believe I was able to have a girls day like this. I don't have many friends."

She asks, "Why is that?"

I take a deep breath, "I was bullied for being darker skinned or a half breed during my younger years. During high school people were a little bit more accepting but by then I didn't want to be friends with anyone but Hyeon. She was the only one is stayed by my side for me."

"Wow and here I was going to say was that my ex pushed my friends away."

"But not Kim?" I question.

She shook her head and smiled, "Kim wouldn't leave without a fight and she helped me fight my battle."

I reply "I'm sorry you had to go through that."

Aurora reached over and laid her hand on mine, "If I didn't go through it, I wouldn't be as strong as I am today." I admire her for that. She smiles and pulls away as the girls come back.

"Yes food! I'm starving."

During this next week, it was pretty normal. Jay and I have been texting back and forth but its mostly been memes or funny stuff. I'm surprised he hasn't tried anything again. I'll see him at the club from time to time but I'm always working.

I still want to understand why I'm still opening myself to him. What is it about him that I can't get out of my head.

Sitting in the library, I have a 10 page paper on page 7. I swear Ms Taylor hates us. Hyunwoo feeds me a gummy as he sketches some ideas for his next project.

Receiving a text from mom, she wanted to have dinner with me. I get the perfect idea.

"Hyunwoo, how would you feel coming to dinner with my mom and I."

He pauses for a moment, "Are you sure?"

I beg him and he smirks, "Please!" He kisses my forehead and agrees to come.

Walking in my grandmother comes out from the kitchen to greet Hyunwoo and I. He bows and smiles to her.

I ask, "Is mom here?" She gave me this worried look.

"Yeah she's in the dining room."

I grab Hyunwoo's hand and strolled in. The moment I did, the excitement drained away.

"What is he doing here?" My father glances at me then at Hyunwoo.

Dad firmly says, "Ivory I didn't raise you to disrespect your elders. Greet."

Frustrated I reply, "Well I guess I should feel blessed that you raised me right?"

My mom stands up furious. "Ivory come sit down."

Fighting back my tears my voice starts to quake. I ask mom, "How can you take him back? Last week you were still upset."

She shakes her head and sits back next to him. "Ivory you don't understand. After years of being in a partnership, you can't just throw it away."

"If being lied to is one of the things that come with a partnership, I don't want it." If I wasn't holding onto Hyunwoo right now I would have broke down.

"I'm moving back home." Dad states to me.

I smile, "Good thing I don't live here anymore." Then walked out. I hug my grandmother then leave.

The car ride was silent. I didn't know what to say or do. I just felt all over the place. I didn't know my hands were shaking until Hyunwoo grabbed my hand. He kisses the back of my hand and smiles at me.

He softly asked, "Do you want to go home?"

Turning to him I reply, "Would it be selfish of me to say no?"

He smiles giving me a quick peck.

"Lets go to my place."

Oh I've never been to his house. This is going to be fun!

He stops at the corner store and gets a whole basket full of snacks and food.

"You ready?" I nodded energized.

Getting to the gate, he presses a button on his keys and the gates opens to the apartment buildings. He parks gets out then opens the door for me.

He holds my hand as we walk to the second floor. He puts in the code to his door covering it and giving me a funny look. I stick my tongue out at him.

Going inside its very out there. Colorful but everything blends together well. Its totally different from Jays house.

I can't believe I just compared them.

Speaking of Jay he started blowing up my phone out of no where. I ignore it of course. He might be drunk calling me again.

"Pick out a movie. I'll get us some cups and plates." He gives me the remote and goes into the kitchen.

Going through the movies I pick out a new horror movie. When he came back he was shocked.

"This movie? Its kinda scary."

"You worried your going to have nightmares?" I tease.

He just smirks making my heart jump, "Nah I'm worried for you. I don't want you all over me scared."

"You don't want me in your arms?" He opens his arms to embrace me. I lay back against his chest and he pulls me tight to him.

As he presses play all I can think about is his hard body. Putting my focus on the movie proved to be a challenge. Even the slightest of movement made my heart skip.

With a husky whisper he says, "If you keep moving like that, you're going to awaken something
I go to kiss him and he lets me. His lips are so soft and hard at the same time. Melting in his warm touches. His strong arms wrapped around me while I embrace him.

We get interrupted by the knocking at the door.

Hyunwoo gets up, "Oh uh, I ordered food."

"Yeah." We both giggle trying to calm down.

I pull out my phone to see calls from not only my mom but dad and Jay. What is going on?

Calling Jay back, He answers quickly.

"Hey uh so your dad is drunk in the neighborhood playground. He won't leave until you get here." The pounding headache from earlier returned full force.

I ask, "Could you just try and get him home?" I hear dad crying in the background.

"Your mom is over talking to him, even the neighborhood cop is listening to his cries and feels bad. I think you really hurt his feelings." Irritated I take a deep sigh.

"I will be there soon." As soon as I hang up I go to Hyunwoo in the kitchen.

"Hyunwoo, I need to go get my dad. He's drunk and causing a scene."

He nods making an O shape with his mouth. He asks me, "Who was that on the phone?"

"Uh Jay. He's with them now. I'll be right back okay." He nods and kisses me longingly.

"Be safe."