Darkness to lonely:22

Author POV

Ivory was so excited to open up the restaurant again. Hyeon, Simon and Gina came to help.

Even Mistress Eunji brought people to eat there. Ivory did have to tell Eunji to keep her job on the down low.

The surprise that her father was telling Ivory about was- "Gran, Gran! Two more bowls please!" Ivorys Grandmother smiles ear to ear from the kitchen window. Ivory didn't know that her grandmother was coming from Jeju Island. Plus her grandmother wanted help make sure her dad wouldn't ruin the chicken recipe that runs in the family.

Dad was walking by Ivory when he said, "Dont tell your mother this but Gran Gran makes it way better." Ivory giggles at his remark.

After closing they pop out soju to drink.

Her dad got so excited. "First time drinking with my daughter!" Ivory, Hyeon, and Gina all enjoy their shots.

Jay on the other hand was partying in the states like theres no tomorrow. Ivory nor Jay have tried to reach out to each other. They have so much to say, yet not the right words.

In the middle of talking and laughing, Ivorys dad phone rings. He leaves the room to answer. Hyeon and Ivory take another shot when her Dad comes rushing back to them.

"Jihye is awake."

"Mom!" Ivory runs upstairs to get her grandmother. Gina offers to drop them off and take Hyeon home afterwards.

Arriving at the hospital, they kinda fumble into her room. Opening the door she's sat up and was changing the channel on the big screen TV in front of her.

"Mom!" She was awake. Her eyes went wide as they ran in to hug her. Ivory couldn't even hear what she said to them. She was just amazed that her eyes were open. She was up and moving.

Ivory held on to her mother for dear life not wanting to let go. Her father was sobbing so loud. "My love!"

"Okay, Okay calm down. I'm here. I'm right here." We move out of the way so Ivorys grandmother can hug her daughter.

Jihye was surprised. "Mother? What are you doing here?"

She replied, "I came to help family. I don't know how these two managed to survive without you." Jihye laughs at her comment and added, "Uh Robert, Ivory, Why do you both reck of alcohol?"

Robert responded to his wife, "We were celebrating the reopening of the restaurant. Not to stress you out but after your accident, I fell behind on alot of our bills. Luckly our building has a new owner and invested in our place. The moment we get you out here, I'll show you our new home. You're going to love it. Today was opening day and everyone in the neighborhood came by."

The doctor soon arrives with a big smile on his face. "We will just take her for some tests and hopefully get some good news."

Jihye smiled at him, "Thank you." Two nurses followed and came to take her. Ivory didn't know how much she missed her mothers smile.

Ivory POV

While waiting, for some reason my fingers clicked to Jays name on my phone. I quickly closed it. It's not like I miss him or anything. Maybe. Sadly I've even had thoughts about moving out. But each time Iit crosses my mind, it pains my heart.

"Oh you should call son in law to tell him the good news." Dad definitely likes Jay.

"OHHH hes uh working right now. He's in the states. I'll try and catch him tomrrow."

"Have him call me too."

"Yes Dad." Shit.

About an hour later Jihye is excorted back in. The color on her face is back. Laughing with one of the nurses, she smiles greeting us.