-¦- Chapter VIII -¦-

After sitting on the floor for a while, Dabi got back up on his feet and turned back to the mirror. He placed the box down in the sink to make sure it wouldn't fall on to the floor again.
He took one of the stitches with one hand and he held the healthy and scared skin tightly together with the other.
Then right after he just pressed that stitch into his skin, just digging it in there until it was tight and secure.
Of course this caused yelling, screaming and bleeding again.
And again, this action got repeated over and over, until the border between health at scared skin got held tight together by a bunch of metal stitches.

Dabi stared into the mirror for the second time, this time a smile appeared on his face. And then he whispered to himself once again

"See? That wasn't that hard..I am mommy's little handsome boy again. This means mommy will love me again,
Right?"

Dabi was not affected by the blood at all. But he washed it off anyway, when knocks appeared on the door from the outside.

"Hey! Little boy? What are you doing out there, it has been 15 Minutes!"
The knock kept on going.
It was the employee.
She kept on knocking until the lock on the door gave a
'click!'
And afterwards the door opened.
When she saw Dabi she got filled with shock and fear. There were remaining spots of blood and his cheeks and when she peeked inside the bathroom, behind him, he had not cleaned the sink at all. There were leftover stitches and blood in the sink.
It made her want to puke.

Dabi just walked past her and out the store, without paying for the stitches of course.
Now when he was walking down the streets, he looked around for a good store where he could get something to eat. But that was until a female voice called out from far behind him.

"Dabiiii~!"

He turned around to see Toga running towards him. Once she caught him to him, she looked at his cheeks and clothes.
"You're all dirty!"
She said as she licked her thumb and rubbed some of the blood off his cheek.
Dabi did not say a word and just looked at her. Why did she care?
"Mommy said I could go to the playground and play. We live nearby. But then I saw you!"
She beamed.

"What is with me?"
Dabi got confused why Toga wanted to hang out with him.
"Because you're fun to be with!"

This made Dabi even more confused. How could he be fun? He never did anything.
He turned around and started walking off
"I am going to get some food."
Toga was now the confused one. Where had he gotten money from? And why wasn't he together with him mother, like she was when her and her mother went to get food.

"Dabiii-"
Toga whined and ran up in front of him.
"-You can not go into a shop, looking like that"
Dabi frowned and looked down at her.
"What is that supposed to mean?"

She grabbed his hand and started skipping the opposite direction, dragging him.
"It means you need some clean clothes! We are going to my mommy"
He pulled his hand back and stopped up
"I am not going to anyone's mommy!"

"Stop complaining, I am just helping a friend out!"
She sounded offended for some reason but she kept a smile on her face the whole time.
"I got no friends and I do not need help! I can do everything by myself"

Toga did not respond to that and just grabbed the collar of Dabi's coat, then started dragging him again.
He now realized Toga wouldn't stop arguing until she got what she wanted. So he stopped talking and just went with it. Getting a little nervous by the thought of meeting a new mother. Even if it was not his own.

After a few minutes of dragging, they finally got to a white small apartment. There, Toga let go of Dabi and opened the door, entering with Dabi trailing behind.
"Mommy! I am home with my friend!"
Toga cheered and took off her shoes.
Dabi, not knowing basic politeness, did not take his off and just walked into their living room together with Toga.

Their kitchen and living room were connected in to one big room itself.
Or big and big, it was still pretty small.

Dabi's eyes first landed on the kind looking woman who was cooking in the kitchen.
"Is daddy still asleep?"
Toga asked her mom, and she just responded with a him and pointed to the couch.
Then Dabi's eyes wandered over to the couch Toga's mother pointed to. On it was a slim man, sleeping, and surrounded by empty bottles.

Toga's mother looked at Dabi, glancing up and down his body. She looked at the scars, dry blood and dirty clothes.
"What is your name?"
The blonde haired woman asked him with a gentle smile on her face.
Dabi quickly looked back at the mother and felt the nervousness take over again.
"I-.. uh.."

"His name is Dabi!"
Toga cheered before continuing
"I met him this morning near the playground! And then I saw him again here later when I went out to play again."

"Ah I see."
The woman then crouched down slightly, to Dabi.
"My name is Richa Himiko. But just call me Richa. We aren't so formal here"
She smiled. Dabi could see where Toga had gotten the positivity from.
"So Dabi, do you live nearby too?"
Richa stood back up and continued with cooking the food she was making. It was some kind of soup.
"N-no.."

What had happen to him? In the matter of seconds, a shyness had taken over Dabi.

"Then what are you doing all the way over here? Where are your parents?"

Dabi froze. His body wouldn't move at all. But he managed to answer her question.

"..I don't have any parents."