Chapter 16

Chapter 16

24 hours, and Danny was still stuck in the hospital for another 2. Every second he spent in the hospital was wasting two with Scarlet. After what seemed like an eternity, he was out.

The angel stood in front of the mirror and looked at his mismatched wings. He was now half angel, and half demon. Danny was happy to be alive, yet sad that his sister would be dying rather than him. The halfling wandered around until he found where they were keeping Scarlet. When he saw her, his jaw dropped.

She looked at least sixty years old. Her skin was all wrinkly and her limbs looked like sticks. Her body was slowly decaying, and it made him want to curl up and cry. "Scar... I'm so sorry..." He said, voice cracking as he walked over to her bedside slowly. All she did was smile. "Don't be sorry, I did this for you, besides, I couldn't live on any longer." The red head said sweetly. That's when she began to tell him how she had died.

She talked about how she had received a very bad beating from their father, so when she saw her chance, she ran off. After an hour or so, she figured that a very angry Gail would come after her. Not wanting to live anymore, she stumbled into the bar. Yet this wasn't just an ordinary bar, it was one that welcomed demons and angels or all kinds. The red head angered one of the angels, who was indeed drunk, so he ended her days.

Now knowing this, it all made sense. The angels were after her since she had angered an angel so much, he killed her, and got kicked from heaven. Danny had an emotionless look in his eyes, and they were grey and soulless.

Hours passed, and the two talked an laughed. Once the final hour came, the rest of the crew walked in and they exchanged farewells. So much terrible things happened in such little time. When it was down to only a few minutes, everyone left so Danny and Scarlet could spend their final moments together.

The fallen angel knelt down by his sisters bed and took her hand. "Scar, I just want you to know how incredibly thankful I am for what you've done, and I love you." The red head smiled, then spoke, "No need to thank me, it's the least I could do for you protecting me all those years." Crystal tears rolled down the siblings faces, and Danny stood to kiss his sisters forehead, "Goodbye." He whispered as she disappeared in a flash of bright light.

It was years after Scarlets passing, and Danny made a new vow, he was to protect everyone from having the life he had. The male didn't want anyone to suffer the pain he had, and Scarlet had. That day, he swore to protect the world from angels, who after all, were the real demons.