63 ; rose sugar

he swung open the grand door to his home with slight anticipation and adrenaline, but was greeted by nothing.

well, aside from the drifting snow.

with not a single person in sight, he stepped out onto the porch and peeked around in hopes of seeing that someone.

just as he was about to step back into his home, a small cold object suddenly hits him square on the forehead, making him almost fall back a bit and leaving specks of snow on his face.

"who the-"

"rockwell jonson!"

he raised his head again with his hand still massaging his cold forehead. he looked up through his slightly blurred vision and saw a familiar figure across from him.

"you idiot!" she yelled at him.

she ran through the snow piled lawn and stepped right up in front of him. the steam from her breathing came out between her lips in short puffs. her cheeks were tinted rosy pink from the frosty weather and her eyes were slightly watering, although he couldn't tell exactly why.

"honey! h-how are you?"

her brows furrowed and she sniffled from the cold. she contemplated whether to tell him or not directly, but it seemed like there was really no other option because she hasn't thought of a back-up reason for why she just assaulted him with snow yet.

"i got my phone back," she spoke through her breath.

"oh, that's great! i was getting worried since reina and i were just-"

"i got my phone back, jonson."

"... i don't get what you're saying."

she laughed a little at his adorable naïvety.

"you never learned to delete voicemails?"

he was desperately trying to knack his brain for what she was trying to tell him by staring at her intently as if she had all the answers he needed written on her face. when he finally figured out, his cheeks started to burn at the thought.

"oh."

"yeah."

"so you know? everything?"

"everything as in you faking dumb to ask me whether to use affect or effect, to you handpicking out the best shirt because you got a stain on my old one, to saying that you-"

he tried to look away from her in embarrassment, which she found very amusing since he rarely seemed to fluster like this in front of her.

"i'm so sorry, i-"

"i love you too."

an

late christmas present???? if this even counts as a present um