time to get some help

Dal's pov

When i first seen pony's hands i thought for sure he did something stupid. I'm so glad i was wrong though.  When soda and darry entered the room, there eyes went wide with all the mess. Johnny was cleaning up the glass in the bathroom.

"I'm so sorry" pony started to cry. It was if he thought he was gonna be in big trouble. "What are ya sorry for little man?" Darry questioned "look what i did" he pleaded. "Hey kiddo, you did nothing wrong, and your allowed to get mad" soda said rubbing his back.

Over the next couple of weeks, things didn't change. Pony kept losing his temper, or he would have multiple break downs. He wouldn't even go to school, for fear of running into soc. The thing that pissed me off the most, is how those soc not only broke him, they took away his happiness.

"Come on pony" darry said to him one morning. "Where are we going" he asked not coming out of his room. "I think its time you went and spoke to someone besides us". I was surprised that pony had actually agreed. So darry soda me and pony got into the car.

Darry walked into an old building with pony, while soda and i waited in the car.

Pony's pov

Darry had taken me to see a shrink. Like she's gonna be able to help me. How would she know what the fuck i'm going through?

I walk into her office. Darry waits outside. "Hi you must be ponyboy, i'm christine" she speaks. I don't say a word. I just put my head down. "Take a seat" she tells me. "Just so you know ponyboy, anything you and i disguss in here, stays in here" i still don't answer her.

It's been nearly an hour and i still haven't said a word. As i go to leave she stops me. "Ok hopefully i will see you again soon. But for now i want you to take this book, whatever your feeling or just want to get something off your chest but don't feel like talking, i want you to write it down" she hands me a note book and a pen.

"How did it go?" Darry asks. I shrug my shoulders and we hesd back to the car. I'm quieter than usual on the drive home. Dal has his arm around me.

It's been a week since i saw christine, she seemed nice. But i don't know i just didn't feel right talking about bein raped to a stranger. That word rape i hated it so much. I hated feeling like i was so dirty all the time. I have started taking at least three showers a day.

I started to write in that notebook she gave me. I write everything down  in it. Darry put up a boxing bag in the back yard. He said anytime i feel like hitting something i should take it out on the bag not the mirror.

I woke up at three o'clock in the morning. All i see when i close my eyes is bob sheldon on top of me. I can't stand it. I need to get my frustrations out. Then i realise the boxing bag outside.

Dal's pov

I wake up on the curtis's couch to a loud thumping sound.  Would have slept next to pony, but he had asked for soda. I didn't mind, as long as he got some sleep. I go out to where the thumping sound is. Pony is throwing punches at the bag darry put up.

"Hey babe, your up kinda early" i start to make small talk. "Couldn't sleep" he responds  "you wanna talk about it?" I ask. "Nope" he starts to say. "I'm just so fucking sick and tired of it all" he starts to get mad. "Of what?" I keep asking questions, even if there dumb just to keep him talking.

"Of what i see everytime i close my eyes and i'm angry cause i wanna be with you but i'm scared". He's real mad now. "Do you feel like takin a walk?" He gives me a strange look. "Sure" he says. We head to the lot.  "Dal" "yeah baby" "you don't have to stay with me, like i said before i'm a broken mess" pony starts to cry. "And i already told ya, i aint goin no where. I love you and i will give you all the time in the world" i lean down and kiss the top of his head.

Later that day while pony's taking a shower, the boys and i decide to have a chat. "I can't remember the last time i seen pony's smile or even heard that laughter of his" i start out saying. "Yeah i even tried tickling him the other day and he just shrugged me off" soda spoke.

Johnny said "he use to have a way of looking at sunsets, but now its as if the sky is just ordinary,  no colour or nothin". "He don't even smirk or bite back when i crack a joke" two-bit piped up.

"Ok boys, we gotta find ways to get pony to smile again. No matter what it takes, he deserves to feel hapoy and loved" i say to them all.  They all nod in agreement. "I wanna know all his favorite things, and things he might even wish for".

"Pony's always wanted to see snow on christmas" soda tells me. "Yeah but we only ever get cold rain here in tulsa  " darry says. This gives me an idea. I just have to convince darry and soda to let me do it.

I know it always snows in new york over christmas. "I wanna take pony to new york for christmas" i burst out saying. Everyone looks at me. "Look if i have to take all of you with me then so be it, its not about me anyway. This is about making pony happy again" they all finally agree. They agree to everyone going.