christmas day

Dal's pov

"Merry christmas baby" pony has just opened his eyes and its christmas morning. I kiss his lips with so much love. I have necer bern in love before. I have loved but thats all. This boy lying in my arms makes my heart melt. I don't think i could even breathe without him in my life.

"Merry christmas babe" he kisses me back. "Wait here, i'll be right back". I run downstairs and grab a gift from under the tree. I wanted to give pony his gift before anyone else woke up. Steve and two-bit were coming in the door as i headed back upstairs. They were both drunk.

I went back to my room and climbed back into bed. "Merry christmas sweetheart" i hand him his gift. "Dal you didn't have to get me anything" he looks at me. "Just open it"  he starts to tear off the wrapping. He pulls out a box. Inside the box is a snow globe with snow falling over the empire state building. Pony takes a closer look at the gift. Wrapped around it is my favorite necklace.

I take it off the globe and put it on him. "I can't believe your giving me you necklace dal" he says, he sheds a couple of tears. "I love you, and i wanted you to have it"

Pony's pov

I hadn't realised dal wasn't wearing his necklace last night. I still can't believe i'm wearing it now.  Soda has come into our room. "Merry christmast little brother, merry christmas dal". "Hey pony, darry and i have a big surprise for you". I follow him downstairs, and dally follows.

Darry hugs me and soda. "Merry christmas little brothers" he says. "He handed me and soda a gift each. Soda opened his first. Darry gad gotten him a new watch. It was real nice too. I was curious to know what they had gotten me. In my hand was an envelope.

I looked up at my brothers thinkin they had pulled one ofbtheir pranks. All the boys were standing around waiting for me to open it. Now i'm scared. "Dal stand close, if this is a prank, i'll need protection" he wraps his arms around me and kisses my cheek. "Anything for you babe".

I finally get the courage to open it. Inside  is a new school schedule. But its to go to school here in new york. "Is this a joke?" "No pony, its not a joke. Darry and i saw how miserable you were back i  tulsa, after everything happened" soda spoke first. "Since we've been here, i've seen you laugh and smile more, so when soda and head back to tulsa, you will be staying here with dal and his aunt."

I hug both of my brothers "thank you so much, i love you guys"i cry. Then johnny surprises me by saying " i'm stayin too, and i'm goin back to school" i'm so happy. But i'm also a little sad that i won't see my brothers everyday. Darry, soda, steve and two-bit are staying til the day after new year.

We all agree to not be sad today. We continue to enjoy the rest of the day with a big lunch, and opening more presents. I get dally to follow me up stairs. "Where are we goin babe, you can't be tired already" he says getting curious. "I want to give you my gift" i tell him.

I get him to sit on the bed. I give him a parchment with a ribbon wrapped around it. He opens it. "Wow babe this is amazing,  did you draw this?" I drew him a picture of the gang, and had soda sneak a photo of dal and me. It was takena few weeks  before the rape happened. "Thank you baby, i love them so much" he kisses my lips.

"Wait theres something else i wanna show you. I haven't shown anyone else, not even sodapop" i hand him my note book. "Before you read the whole thing, theres one page i want you to read first" i say. "Ok" he smiles.

December 23 1965
Today dallas took me to his favorite place. The empire state building. It was anazing. Dal has been so patient with me. He's been my rock, i don't think i could have gotten through everything thats happened to me if it weren't for him. I love him so much. Soon i migt be read to go a bit further with him.

December 24 christmas eve 1965
I was ready to for dal to make love to me. I don't just want to say have sex, because with him it means so much more. He is so patient  and gentle. I thought after being raped, it would hurt so much. Because thats how it felt then. But not with dal. He made me feel like i was on cloud nine. And to tell you the truth, i'm looking forward to the next time. I am so in love with dallas winston.

Dal's pov

I grab pony around the waiste and hold him tight in my arms. "You know what baby?" i say kissing his cheek, "what babe?" He asks. "I am so in love with you too ponyboy curtis". We decide to head back down stairs. "Where did you two lovebirds go" i throw a pillow at two-bit "why are you jelous" i smirk and everyone laughs. 

Two-bit and steve's eyes light up when aunt rachel comes in with a huge chocolate cake. She cuts everyone a slice. It was a great finish to a great day.