new york

Darry's pov

I can't believe we're all going to  new york. But i'll do anything for my little brother. We are all going by trin so that none of us has to drive, and we can't afford to fly. It took some convincing to get pony to agree to go. But i think he'd rather be in new york with all of us then stuck here home alone.

Its five days til christmas, and it'll probably take us a fair few hours to get there. "All set kiddos" i ask pony and sodapop. "You bet" soda responds. "I guess so" was pony's response.

Dally is in the living room with the other boys. I think he's
the most excited about this trip.

Dal's pov

Man i can't wait to show the boys new york city. I called my aunt and she said she'd be happy for us all to stay with her. She's real cool. Always looks out for me. And she don't care that i'm gay.

We alk head to the train station. Darry goes to grab seven tickets. We all sit in carrage together. Its all we can afford,  but i don't care as long as i see pony's smile.

We have been on the trsin for three hours. The boys are starting to get restless. Soda and steve  brought a deck of cards, so we all  pkay a game of poker. Pony brought his note book with him and looks to be writing something in it.

Pony's pov

So we are heading to new york. Even though i've always wanted to go, i hate leaving  the comfort of my own bed. This train ride seems to be taking forever. What am i suppose to do if i start to feel angry? I hope thid train ride won't take too much longer. Dal is sitting by the window across from me. I want him to hold me right now,  but i'm a little scared. Screw it.

I put my book down and stand up. I sit on dal's lap. He puts his arms around me, and just holds me like i want him too. I lean on his chest, and listen to the rhythm of his heary beat.

Dal's pov

Maybe this trip is gonna be worth it after all. It's been a while since pony came and sat on my lap just cause he wanted to. I don't mind it one bit. He starts to softly snore. He's fallen asleep in my arms.

We finally arrive in new york. I kead the boys to my aunt rachel house. Its real cold here in new york. The snow is already on the ground. Man i missed this place.

My aunt rachel has hot soup on when we arrive at her house. Theres a fire lit in the living room. Her house is so warm. "Come here and give your aunt rachel a big smooch" i give her a big kiss and hug. Two-bit startsvto snicker until she does it to all of them.  She goes a littke easier on pony.

She doesn't need to be told anything to know he's been hurt real bad. "Alright boys, first off you can all calm me aunt rachel. Now let me show you all where to put your bags. Dallas i asume you'll be wanting your old room?" "Yes aunt rachel" the rest of you can take your picks on rooms.

I explain to the  boys that aunt rachel's house was once a hotel. Hence why theres so maby rooms. Pony looks between  me and soda. He decides to go with soda. The boys all choose their rooms.  We all get settled and head back down stairs, and have some hot soup.

"Who wants to see a movie?"i ask them all. I wanna show you guys one of my favorite movie theaters".  We all had out. I take pony's hand in mine. One thing about new york, is no one cares about who your dating. Pony doesn't pull his hand away.

Pony's pov

For the first time in months, i don't feel so angry. I let dallas take my hand in his. We walk into the movie theatre, its playing paul newman, my favourite actor. The movie was great. Dalky then takes us to one of his favorite diners. "This place makes the best milkshakes" he tells us. 

Dal's pov

We order our milk shakes and head to a booth. Our shakes are brought over to us. Two-bit, steve and soda start messing with theirs and blowing bubbles when two-bit accidentally snorted some. We all burst out laughing. I looked over at pony. Even he was laughing.

Everyone had stopped laughing except pony. It was as if he had months of laugher waiting to get out. We all smiled at him, "its so good to hear you laugh again baby" i say and everyone agrees. Pony smiles at me. I look over at darry, who mouths a silent thank you at me. I give him a wink.

We head back to my aunts place. She has already gone to bed. She's left some freshly baked cookies for us all. Well i'm gonna go to bed,  i wanna show you guys some more of new york tomorrow. Pony whispers something in soda's ear. I head  upstairs to my room.

I hear a knock on my door  "come in" i say. Pony enters my room. "Are you ok baby?" I ask. "Yeah but i decided i wanna stay with you tonight" he says.  "Would you hold me without it going any further tonight" he asks me. "Sure thing sweetheart" i answer lifting the covers for him to climb in next to me.

I put my arms around him and kiss his lips. "Goodnight baby, i love you so much" "thanks for not giving up on me. I love you too" he snuggles into my chest and falls asleep.  I can't help but stare at him and watch him sleep. I kiss his cheek before going to sleep.