Gym 1: My second stress reliever

I go clubbing because of my work being annoying. I cant just drink and get wasted all the time however. Things in my past forced me to toughen up, and since I had to toughen up I wanted to learn how to be...the strongest. I started going to the gym. The gym I went to had some kick boxing in it so I said "Why not." Going there was probably one of the best decisions I've made in my life. I have a natural affinity for physical things like that, so I picked up on it pretty quickly. I usually cone to practice on the weekends but I couldn't come yesterday for obvious reasons. Because I didn't come yesterday, there was a slim, tall, sort of elderly man beaming a fierce gaze at me. He was my kick boxing coach I guess. His appearance looked like if you gave him a butler outfit, his name would be Claude or something butler like.

Anyway, as soon as I got here, he happened to be out, already seemingly in a bad mood. I haven't really been keeping up with it but his boxers and MMA fighters haven't been winning their fights recently probably. That's the only thing that I could think of. I could tell he was angry because the top of his forehead was particularly red. It only gets like that when he yells a lot. So when he saw me walk in and gave me a scary grin, I knew I was in for some torture training. See, he often thought I was wasting my time at my job and wanted me to take up fighting for a living. I haven't done it because I don't want to. I don't like fighting, I just like pushing my stress out through my fist and legs...so it was a hobby.

Anyway, Coach approached me with a fierce look in his eye and said. "There you are! Where were you yesterday? These guys can't even perform the simple three hit strike that you do so when they face it in the ring, it always gets them! Every. Single. Time. I need you to get them prepared for it, after you warm up, get in the ring!" He then stormed of with his tomato tinted forehead. I just wanted to hit a bag...oh well.

So now I have to make it through warm up. It was always uncomfortable to do warm ups. Everyone always stares at me. I usually try to close my eyes so that I can't see them but...I can still feel their stares burning into my body. I don't know why they stare so much but I wished they stopped, it was actually kind of nerve racking. My warm up usually involved jump rope, hitting the bag, squats, running, and a little bit of weight lifting. I wasn't really on friendly terms with anyone in the gym so I warmed up in silence. Every time I look up they all look away. In between work outs they continue doing what they are doing. I'll just ignore them again like I always do.

After I finally warmed all the way up, I was forced to get in the ring. It looked like the entire gym stopped when I got in the ring to come look at what was about to happen. The coach stepped up on the side of the ring and started talking.

"Reggi, Mark, Kyle. You three will be fighting Zoe here. I want you to learn from her technique and try to see a way to beat it. Zoe is fast and precise. They know where it hurts and wont hesitate to hit you there. Protect your face and watch for quick sneak hits. Those ghost hits add up. Let's go! Mark, you're up first."

So I don't get a break down on Mark? He pretty much told them how I fight while I know nothing about them. What's fair about that? Oh that's Mark. He was a blonde man who looked pretty bulky. He probably didn't mind getting up close and personal in a fight. He looks like he has a lot of power too. I'll see how fast he is and go from there. I might be here longer than I thought I would be.