Work 2: So a Vampire and a Vigilante walk into a bar.

I was taken from our front desk area in cuffs. He didn't say anything or even tell me my rights. I think I still had a few if those. That meant he was likely pretending to take me away. I just went along with it since he was pretty gentle about the whole ordeal. Once we went down back through the other office and got signed out, I was taken to his car and was put in...well escorted into the passenger seat. He then went to the drivers side and pulled off. As we rode he said "You sure are a lot of trouble little lady. I thought you quit with the gang stuff once you graduated high school." I just scoffed at him. I mean it was an unavoidable situation for me. I also knew that I would have to tell him the whole story once we got there so I played the quiet game.

"Look, you're not in trouble, I just need to ask a few questions about what happened. I told then I would bring you in but...I might be able to let it slide if I hear something I like." He said that in an odd way..as if there was more to the story then what I thought. We arrived at a bar and he de-cuffed me. I walked inside and sat on a stool and he sat down next to me. "Get a wine for the lady." I cleared my throat and said "But I have to get back to work." He simply responded with, "Humor me." So I drank a little.

"So tell me what happened." I rolled my eyes and said. "Well I was at the gym learning some self defense... and when I came outside I saw my car was keyed up. Well it wasn't a key because the gashes were too deep. So I noticed some guys across the street a knife and they still had some of the shrapnel on the knife. I asked them if they did it, they said yes and I don't remember much after that like always."

I finished my drink in one go after that. Alanzo had thought about it and asked. "Is there a reason behind them doing this, why your car and not the other ones out there?" Well that was probably because... "I may have gotten into a disagreement with one of those guys the day before..." as if he figured everything out, he said "ah, so to get the story straight, they provoked you previously, you defended yourself, they became angry and damaged your car, and you beat them all up somehow...sounds right, alright lets get you back to work." He then stood up from the stool and looked over at me. I slowly got up and noticed that I was being stared at by a guy with short hair and glasses on. His head was shaped like a light bulb and I couldn't help but look at it, "Coming Zoe?" The detective woke me up from my staring contest and I was escorted out the bar. I was taken back on a noisy trip back to work, Mostly noisy because Alanzo wouldn't shut up about his family, and signed myself back into work. I made it back up into the office and the laid back attitude that usually engulfed the office was completely gone. What replaced it was tension. I wondered why it was so tense so I started walking towards Max's desk only to have someone say "She's back!" Most of the office stood up and looked at me, some of those people clapped of started celebrating. Some people hugged as if truly happy to have me there... "What kind of joke is this?"