Work 1: A day at the office

When we woke up, Fate was cuddling around my back. I looked at the time and noticed I woke up 30 minutes later than my usual time. I move Fate's hand off my body so I can shower and get dressed for work. By the time I'm out the shower Fate is awake but just sitting up in bed with a note in her hand.

"Are you leaving for work?" It said... "Yeah, I'll be back...maybe half pass 4." I try to keep things short since I know Fate tends to be the clingy type. This time, she seemed to understand that I had to go. I got dressed and made a extremely quick breakfast. Fate gave me a wave before I leave and I give a small wink since I was in a bit of a rush.

The ride to work is usually stupidly busy no matter what path I take and involves lots of yelling as per usual. It's a nice stress reliever for what I have to deal with at work. Once I get to work, I have to sign in that I entered the building since we share a building with another company. I assume it works like having a roommate. Team up to pay the building off or something like that. So what I'm really signing in for is the other company's guest list. Since I don't work for 'that' company, I have to sign in as a guest and I'm pretty much a guest all day while I work. They even give me a sticker with my name on it even though they see me everyday. I once tried to ask why they gave me this sticker but they said it was mandatory for my identity. I had no response to that so I just accepted it as fact instead of giving the desk guy a hard time about it. Maybe one day when I'm really pissed off I'll go for it.

Anyway, I go up the elevator to get to my work place. Another front desk woman greets me, she knows my name however since I actually work here and lets me through. I make my way to my desk to take of my jacket and put it in the seat of my cubicle. I sit down at it and sigh. As soon as I do a giant cat head peaks from the side of my cubicle and he had a smug look in his eye. He honestly scared the shit out of me and made me almost curse out loud. Before I could he shushed me loudly.

"SHHHHHH....Hello there Zoe...did you finish that project I left you on Friday myaaow." Ugh...I really don't like my boss. His face is always so smug. Have you ever seen a Smug cat face before? Look it up, it's really annoying to look at all day. Especially when you have to do their work for them. I just answer to speed up this useless conversation. "Yes...Yes I did...sir...I left it on your desk...did you check your desk?" My boss freezes up for a moment before slowly descending from the side of my cubicle. Now that his big head was gone I started looking around for Big Max. He was the tallest guy in the office so he shouldn't be that hard to spot. I stand up at my cubicle to have a quick look around only to not see any dog headed people around. Figuring that Max wasn't here yet I sat back down. I really needed his help on this Altman problem. A short while later a smug cat head pops over the side of my cubicle again.

"It wasn't there...myaaow." I raise an eyebrow as I know for a fact I put it there. "Has anyone been in your office?" He quickly answers back saying "No myaaow" I know he didn't give it any thought so I say "No one at all? Come on give it some thought." He actually stops to think about it since he probably assumes I have an idea on what happened...well I do but I want him to figure it out. I continue typing at my computer doing someone else's work. I almost forget he was there when he suddenly says. "Ah, the custodians may have come by to clean up since it's Monday." No Myaaow this time? He must be doing it to piss me off....that pisses me off. Still I answer back calmly. "Alright...so where would they have put it if they saw some documents on your desk...the desk they wanted to clean." He seemed to have figured it out and disappeared again. I sigh and groan a little. Only a single moment pass before one of my other co workers ask me about some coding they can't do meaning I have to leave my comfortable cubicle and go to theirs to figure out how they messed up their own job. Once I make it there I begin typing away. The person who I'm supposed to be helping walked away to go talk to someone else. Normally I would be very irritated about this but this has become the norm at this point. At first these guys just started asking me because they really wanted help but some how, they started having this ideology of "Zoe will handle it so I don't have to worry about it" which is really annoying. I tried to say no before but it ended up that by not helping them, my job became harder as they found some way to bypass everything just to get it to my desk, and at my desk I have to go back and figure out what they bypassed, fix it, then do my job on top of that. I realized that it would be easier all together to just nip it in the bud before it becomes a calamity that makes me stay at work really late at night.

As I'm doing someone else's work at someone else's desk, I see a cat head pop up over the side of 'not my cubicle' unsurprisingly, he was just as annoying here as he was at my cubicle. "Hey there....you weren't at your desk....myaaow." Maybe I have anger problems but that sentence in itself  made me want to punch him in the face. I hold it in however and say. "What is it boss." He then clear his throat and says. "I'm having technical difficulties at my desk." That was code for, "I need you to clean up a mistake I made with the project you finished." I stand up and call out to my co worker telling them to not touch anything...which they had no problem with. We head to his office and he sits me down at his overrated desk and in his overrated chair. It was one of those black leather I'm the boss chairs with the high back part. Once I sit down I see that all he did was accidentally tabbed out of the document and had the internet up. I tab back to the work and was about to get up when he asked me to wait. He then started asking me how to do each thing 'he' needed to do to set this project as complete...meaning he made me do it. This isn't the first time he's done this. The most annoying part about it is that he thinks it's still necessary to ask about each and everything instead of just asking me to finish it for him. As I'm typing, I hear him coughing. I ask if he's okay while typing and he just nods his head while hacking and coughing, I wouldn't have a problem with his coughing if he wasn't coughing right over me...but he was. Next thing I know there is a fur ball between my hands on the keys of his keyboard.

Where do I start...first of all the man is just that...a man. The only fur that he has on him is on his giant cat head. Meaning, to make a fur ball, he had to have been licking his own face or the fur of another. I don't even want to think about the latter so we'll go with the former here. Even then, this fur ball was pretty damn big. Since the fur ball was in the way I stopped typing and just looked at him with a bored look in my eye. He must have sensed some irritation from me since simply said "I think I got it from here...you can go now." He didn't have to say it twice, I quickly got up and left his office without saying a word. I had to go to the bathroom to wash my hand obviously. After that I go back to the cubicles and I head back to my coworkers only to see a big dog head there. "Max!" I couldn't help myself as my only ally was finally here. There was also another person...who was right behind Max, Detective Fantisimo. I brought attention to myself since I called out to Max. Both the Detective and Max looked over at me. Max waved at me while the detective pointed back near were our front desk person was.  He must have wanted to talk about something...I wonder what..