Chapter Two: Wanderin' Around Town

Boris and Mia left the studio, Bendy fast asleep in his little sister's arms. He was 11 inches shorter and smaller than her, so it was quite easy for Mia to carry him.

They walked down the sidewalk, orange streetlights glowing softly, greeting the trio warmly. A few of them threatened to go out at any given minute, but Boris spotted an old house that was up for rent. "We should be able to stay here," he gave a small smile at Mia. "As long as no one is here already. Then we'll be in really big trouble," she added.
Boris grabbed the doorknob, finding that it was surprisingly unlocked. He found the light switch and walked into the large living room. Mia carefully placed Bendy on the couch and looked around. There was a small grey TV set on a black coffee table. The couch and two chairs in the room were brown, and the chairs were in two different corners, leaving the couch in the middle. There was also a tan rug by the door.

"Can we check out the rooms upstairs, Boris?" Mia asked with an expression that was full of awe. Boris came out of the kitchen and wagged his tail happily. "Of course we can! Let's go!" Boris was acting as if nothing horrible happened earlier. Why couldn't Mia push the pain of the past behind her? Easy: She was scared.
She always let bad things get to her, even if she said that she wouldn't let them. Bendy and Boris understood. That's why they were all she ever cared about. All she knew was if something happens, run to Bendy or Boris. She knew this... and nothing more.

Snapping out of her thoughts, Mia held Boris' hand and went up the stairs. It reminded her of the fight with Joey on the stairs from earlier, but she quickly threw away that thought. (BEGONE THOT) They explored the bathroom and the two bedrooms in the house. "There must've been a small family that lived here before," Mia estimated, sitting on the side of the bed.
Boris nodded his head and sat down next to her. He ran his fingers through her hair, guessing that she was anxious about Bendy's health. "He's... gonna be okay, right, Boris?" Mia looked up at him with a stern face. He simply patted her head and took her down the steps. "Bendy's a strong little guy. He'll bounce back, Mimi. It's just a minor setback, that's all."

When they got to the living room, they were surprised to find Bendy awake, looking around the room for his siblings. He looked up and was knocked over by a hug from them. "Hey, Boris, Mia." He smiled warmly and blushed. "We'll be staying here for a while, bro. I hope it's okay with you," Boris explained and held his arm. Bendy tapped his hand and laughed. "As long as I'm with you two, I don't care where we are."

(I would say 'Bendy tapped his shoulder and laughed', but he's too short. Not as short as me, but you know 😊)

"We probably need to know what we're gonna do about money for food and clothes and stuff, guys," Mia spoke up. Bendy placed his index finger on his chin. "Hm... Boris, did you see anything here that would probably be helpful?" Boris scratched his head for a good while until his face lit up. "Oh yeah! I saw 4 jars of money in one of the bedrooms! There's also a lot of clothes in the closets! Ooh, Ooh! Plus, there's nothing in the fridge."

(Commence the face palm audience! Boris is life 🐺)

"That's great," Bendy smirked, "You two go change your clothes, and I'll count the money so we can eat out later on tonight, okay?" Boris picked Mia up, giving the laughing girl demon a piggy back ride up the stairs. "I'm up in the stars, Boris!" He chuckled at his sister and set her down in her room. "Alright, Mia," he began, "I'm gonna take those jars to Bendy. You get changed so he can see you, got it?"
Mia hugged him in response and closed the door when he left. "What a pretty room." There was a twin sized brown bed, an oval shaped large mirror on the wall close to the floor, and a tan dresser. There was also a book shelf with about 20 books and a heart shaped plushie on it. The closet was full of clothes that were in Mia's size, yet the bed wasn't made.