Chapter Thirteen: Keeping You Winter Warm

Bendy was starting to get bored with staying inside the house without anything to do. He carefully got back out of the bed, threw on some warm clothes (it was snowing outside), made a note to tell Boris and Mia where he was, and headed outside.

After all the decorations were up, Cuphead said that he would be taking a walk. "Can you wear the new Christmas sweater I made for you, Cuppy?" Vanilla Chai asked when she got done taking a big sip of her egg nog. Cuphead smirked at her and ruffled her hair.
"Of course, Vanilla. I'll wear it, besides, they said it's in the 20's out there." Mugman came back from helping Elder Kettle to bed and made a worried look. "Be careful, bro. Please don't get sick!" Cuphead assured him that he wouldn't get sick and left the house.

Now mind you that Bendy and Cuphead lived on two different streets. But, the only way for them to get on the same path... was if they crossed paths. That'll be interesting.

"Huh, everyone's got their lights up too," Bendy thought out loud. The only decoration he had outside the house was a wreath made out of bells. For the most part, the tree, stockings, and candles stayed inside. He began to think about the times when he and his siblings were still living in the studio, putting decorations in every corner of the building.
It was an amazing time, but that was when everyone was there. Now, it was just him and his siblings... He snapped out of his thoughts when he saw a small little orange light in the distance. "H-Hopefully it's... a heat s-supply," Bendy said, trying hard not to shiver, "It's b-b-bat shit c-cold out... out here!!!"

Cuphead was starting to freeze his ass off, so he looked around for something he could burn. "Guess this'll work." All he found was an old wine bottle with a flammable cork screwed on it. Using his laser finger, Cuphead set the cork on fire and warmed up, not noticing the small figure coming his way.

Bendy was on the edge of his rope as he stumbled over to the small fire that Cuphead made. "S-sorry 'bout th-this, sir," he said, trying to warm up. Cuphead looked over and gasped when he saw who was talking to him. It was that short demon again! He gulped and tried to start a conversation.
"So... how's Christmas going for ya?" Bendy glanced up at Cuphead, as if to wonder if he was talking to him. "Well, um... I got the tree up with my bro and sis," he mumbled. Cuphead nodded slightly and sighed softly. "What did you used to do for Christmas before you moved out?"

Bendy was highly offended. "Excuse me?! What the freezing hell do you mean by that, Cuphead?!" All he did was laugh at his reaction. "Calm down short stack," he smiled, "Sorry if I offended you. Just wondering."

"Well," Bendy began, "Back before we moved out, me, Boris, Mia, Alice, and Joey would hang up the decorations for this supposedly great holiday. Henry and Joey would always fight about where the tree world go. Either the music room or the theater. After a few bad things happened, Joey lost his mind, Sammy started worshipping me like a nut, and Alice went crazy, wanting to kill us.
So, it was just me, Boris, and Mia who celebrated, but after a while we just... stopped... until now, yeah, but... we... stopped..." His voice trailed off as silent tears ran down the sides of Bendy's cheek. He couldn't believe that he was actually crying in front of this guy! The occasional sniffling gave it away.

Cuphead sighed and wrapped his free arm around Bendy's shoulders, letting him know that he was alright. "I gotta sad story to tell. So, about 2 years ago, my mom had something called ink illness." Bendy gasped when he said that, but continued to listen. "She didn't tell anyone about it until the day she died. She was supposed to be coming home from work and the store, but she never did.
I volunteered and said that I would go outside to find Mom, but Elder Kettle, my dad, said no. Then the news about her death came to us, and the only things we have left to remember her by are the memories and a snow globe ornament Mom made with Vanilla Chai Tea. Sadly though, Elder Kettle started abusing us, especially my sister, because he blames us for her death."

"I have ink illness," Bendy looked up at Cuphead with a cute face. His shadow burned brightly in the fire's flames, causing him to look more handsome by the minute.
"I guess for now, I'll keep you winter warm." Bendy snuggled into his side and enjoyed the warmth that radiated off the fire and his body. Cuphead blushed as his grip around Bendy's waist got a little bit tighter. Bendy blushed too. 'Maybe he isn't so bad after all.'