Chapter Fifteen: Manic Monday

It was now January, and the snow finally melted away from the streets. That also meant that the new year started, and school was back in session.

Cuphead was getting his school bag together when he heard a scream coming from Vanilla Chai's room, followed by shouts from Elder Kettle. (I feel so bad for making Elder Kettle the bad guy. But hey, we all have our bad sides, right? 😓) He ran up the stairs and opened the door, finding his father yelling at her.
"Why didn't you gather these clothes up and wash them?!!" Elder Kettle shouted, making Vanilla jump a bit. "I-I'm sorry," she mumbled, "I w-was gonna get them but I was getting kinda late for school." Cuphead walked into the room and stepped in between Elder Kettle and Vanilla.

"I'll help her get things together," he snarled, making sure that the old man didn't lay a finger on his sister. Elder Kettle snorted and stepped out into the stairs and went to his room. "Darned kids!!!" "Did he hurt you?" Cuphead asked, checking his sister's face for injuries. "N-no he didn't," Vanilla Chai Tea smiled and grabbed her bag.

Mugman was done fixing breakfast when he called the others to come down and eat. "C'mon guys! We're having eggs and toast and bacon today!"

Bendy was stretched out over the couch after last night's ink illness attack. He was tuckered out, but he had to get up for school....like right now. Mia walked downstairs, fully dressed, and giggled at her snoozing brother. "He looks so peaceful when he's asleep," she smiled, "Bendy's gonna be really upset when he has to get ready."
Mia went ahead and decided to wake up the sleeping demon, knowing that if she didn't, he'd late. Instead of simply shaking his shoulder like any sensible person would, and because the young demon was only 10, Mia jumped on Bendy and started bouncing around on him and the couch. "WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP!!!!!!"

"Wh-what...what the hell, Mia?!!" Bendy shot up in a minute and yawned in her face. Mia quickly fixed her pants back up and laughed. "Bendy it's almost time for us to go to school! We have like... I think an hour left." "Oh shit...!!" Bendy scrambled up the stairs and jumped in the shower after he threw some clothes on his bed.

Boris, who was in the kitchen working on breakfast, was oblivious to the situation. "C'mon Mia! You don't want your breakfast getting cold!" Mia walked into the kitchen and ate her breakfast happily.
When Bendy got into the shower, he started thinking about Cuphead and sighed softly. 'That Cuphead sure is strange,' he thought, 'He can't have a crush on me... could he?' He stepped out the shower and got dressed.

~Time Skip to School~

Bendy got into his first class, which was Astrology and Astronomy class with Ms. Hilda Berg. As the teacher was talking about horoscopes and their meanings, he happened to stare off into space and think about Cuphead again.

'You can't have feelings for that punk.' 'But what if I do?' 'Screw your feelings! They don't matter, remember?' 'But maybe I do have a little crush on him...' 'Oh hell no! You have a family to take care of.'

"Um...excuse me, Mister Ink?" Bendy snapped out of his thoughts when he heard Ms. Berg's voice call him. " I asked you which constellation is mostly seen around these parts of town." He started sweating a little and cleared his throat. "Oh yeah uhh, th-the Big Dipper constellation, ma'am." Ms. Hilda told him he was correct and went back to the lesson, leaving Bendy to ponder on his thoughts once again.
Boris, who was currently in Shop with Dr. Kahl, was having trouble with the screwdriver when he tried to tighten a few bolts on his project. "Hmm... maybe this would work." He shrugged and picked up a drill, turning it on. "GAH!!!" Boris turned the machine back off, freaking out over the noise it made. Mugman, who was also in that class, walked over to him.

"Heh, you okay there, Boris?" The cartoon wolf looked up at Mugs and smiled. "Y-yeah, but that crazy contraption sure is loud!" Mugs picked up the drill, turned it on, then turned it back off. "Hey, it's alright. I didn't like it either the first time I started taking this class. You'll get used to it soon enough though."

Boris wagged his tail around and Mugman helped him with his project the rest of the time in class. Meanwhile, Mia, who was in Home Economics with Cuphead, stayed as far away from him as possible. She didn't want him to try to kill her or anything.
"Alright class," Ms. Von Bon Bon announced, "Today we're going to start working on baking a candy cake." The class got out their things to get to work and Mia accidentally bumped into Cuphead. "Oh, sorry 'bout that." "Just watch where you're going next time," Cuphead huffed.