Chapter Fourteen: Cuphead's House

It stopped snowing when the fire on the cork finally gave up and passed away. Cuphead glared at the bottle and kicked it away, walking out of the alley with Bendy close beside him.

"Hey, uh...Cups?" Bendy cleared his throat. Cuphead turned around to face the little demon, his cheeks burning when he called his name. "I uh.. I'm sorry about that food fight we had on Friday. I just lost my temper and-"
Cuphead cut him off by laughing. "You didn't do anything wrong, man. I started it. I was the one that threw the food at you, and you practically kicked my ass about it. I'm the one who needs to apologise." Bendy nodded his head and kept walking with him.

They kept walking around down the street, stopping to look at different decorations that were up and window shopping. The two continued to talk about certain things and laugh until Bendy started to cough up ink again.

'Damn it!' Bendy thought as he held onto his stomach and coughed up more ink, 'Why didn't I take that ink with me before I left?!' Cuphead started freaking out when Bendy threw up more ink. The ebony goop ran down his face, and Cuphead just stood there. (Boy quit looking stupid and do something!!) Bendy fell over onto the sidewalk and Cuphead finally snapped out of it, picking up the demon.
He held him close to his chest and ran to his house, bursting through the door. Luckily the noise didn't wake up Elder Kettle from his nap, but it did cause Vanilla Chai Tea and Mugman to rush down the stairs to see him carrying the demon. Sweat poured down Cuphead's face as he held Bendy close.

"Whoa what happened?!" Vanilla Chai shouted, taking Bendy from Cuphead's arms. "It's the ink illness! He has it too and it's bothering him," Cuphead gasped for air and Mugman got him some water. Vanilla wiped the ink off of Bendy's cheek and headed to the bathroom to clean him up, Cups and Mugs by her side.

"I... I can t-take care...of m-myself," Bendy groaned, throwing up into the toilet. "Bendy, we know how this illness works," Vanilla Chai spoke calmly, trying not to think about her mother. "W-we had to deal with the same th-thing..." Her voice began to trail off and Mugs hugged her tightly. "I'll go call Boris and Mia over, 'kay Cups?" he asked.
"Sure thing bro," Cuphead responded, "Try to calm Teacup too, alright?" (Cuphead and Mugman's nickname for Vanilla Chai Tea btw🍵) Mugman nodded his head and took Vanilla out the room with him as Cuphead sighed softly and patted Bendy's back. When he was done, Cuphead grabbed a towel and handed it to him so he could wipe his mouth.

Cuphead cleaned up the ink and began to rub his cheek. The said demon's eyes grew wide and he blushed fifty shades of grey. (😏) "Wh-what are y-you doing?!" Bendy squealed, trying to push Cup's hand away from him. "Well I was helping you, damnit." Cuphead glared down at him and Bendy sighed. "Whatever," he growled and opened the bathroom door, just to get knocked down by a hug.

"Bendy!!!" Mia cried, engulfing him in the hug as Boris smiled. Bendy chuckled softly and patted her head. "H-hey toots." Vanilla and Mugs watched as Cuphead walked out the bathroom and opened up the door. "Sorry not sorry, but you guys better go home before Elder Kettle wakes up," he yawned.
"Thanks again, Cuphead," Mia said with caution as she took her brother by the hand and went outside with Boris, who simply waved and said goodbye. When Cuphead closed the door, he watched the trio walk down the sidewalk until they were out of his sight. "I'm gonna go ahead and get some sleep," Vanilla Chai spoke up, stretching and walking upstairs to her room, leaving Mugs and Cups.

Mugman placed his hand on his brother's shoulder, startling him a bit. "Oh, uh..hey Mugs," he started, clearing his throat. "Cups, what happened out there between you and Bendy? You seem less...well, less mean now." Cuphead immediately turned away from him, trying to hide his blush.

"N-nothing happened."