5

Huey's POV

I still haven't talked to Liam, yesterday was the worst. I cried so much but since it was a Friday I got to sleep without worrying about homework. It's the following day, I feel so crushed, or dead even.  Part of me thinks I'm exaggerating but the other hand knows I'm truly hurting. I'm such an idiot, I probably scared him.  Am I ugly? Is he straight? Who am I kidding of course he is straight. He only hooks up with girls and makes fun of 'gay' looking people. What if he's gay but scared so he makes fun of people who look the part? That sounds stupid. If only I had friends I would be able to rant to them right now. 

Am I in love with him?
Why so many questions? I just want to relax and be alone.

*DING*

The door bell rang but I wasn't expecting anyone. I walked to the door and took a look through the window to see who it was. 

"Ms. Mack?" She had a bunch of stuff in her hands so I opened the door.

"Hello hue! I noticed you weren't at school for the first time so I was worried." Obviously.

"Yah I'm fine, what's all that though?" She beamed like a flicker of lightning.

"May I come in to show you?" I stood back allowing her inside my home. She quickly came in and went to my living room to dump all the stuff out. I am extremely confused. Not as confused as I am about Liam though.

Oh Liam, I miss seeing his face and hearing his rude remarks. I wish I could just hold him, even though he'd hurt me for doing so. 

"Hue? Are you ok? This time I want the real answer." She gave me a stern look so I answered.

"My heart hurts." My voice barley above a whisper. I could feel the tears in my eyes but I pushed them away.

"Huey, why? What happened?" She helped me to the couch and we both sat down.

"I don't know what happened, it's not even that bad of a situation." I couldn't hold in the tears this time.

"Tell me what happened, please?" I looked up at her, she seemed really concerned.

"Liam isn't gonna be mean to me anymore." she smiled.

"What's so bad about that?" I stopped to think about what I was about to say.

"That means he won't be around me anymore. I think I may have feelings for him." I turned away because I knew she was just going to be disappointed in me.

"Hue, it's okay! the only thought I have is that he was so bad to you but it's not up to me to figure this out. Love is love, do what you feel you need to." I looked at her knowing she was right.

"H-he's hurting, he hurts himself, he has no one, why can't I be someone to him? I could be the one to help him." More tears came down my face.

"Oh good lord come here." She pulled me in a tight hug while I cried my eyes out.

After a while she told me that she brought some cooking stuff so we could make a cake. I always talked about how I loved baking, she's just like a mother. Exactly the way my real mother used to be.