6

Huey's POV

After a long time of baking we both sat on the kitchen floor eating left over batter. You see, I always thought that she was just a normal teacher, maybe a cool one. But think again, she's 26 and has a boy friend in a rock band. Why didn't she tell me before? She has the personality of a teenage girl, it's actually really weird when you think about it.

"So, I have a question." She spoke with a mouth full of batter.

"Try not to choke but go on." I chuckled. She finished eating and continued.

"How come Liam's gonna leave you alone all of a sudden." She scooped another spoon full of batter into her mouth and waited for my response. He did say to keep it a secret but I need to talk to someone, holding this in and choosing what to do alone is really hard.

"I found out about some of the issues he's facing recently so he said that if I tell no one about it then he'll leave me alone." Just thinking about it makes me sad. I don't want him to make fun of me but I still want him around, I want him to call my name and tell me about his day. I've never wanted something more in my life. 

"Do you ever think in your head?" Did I say that out loud. "Yes you did say it out loud, now if I were you I would go talk to him." Is she crazy? Talking to him would just mess everything up.

"I can't, what would I even say." She then sat there gazing at my floor, She's definitely thinking up a plan. 

"You could go to his house and just talk to him about how you won't tell anyone as long as he becomes your friend?" I mean it's not too stupid, I just don't get how it'll work.

"How will that help me get a boyfriend named Liam Hill?" I looked at her confused.

"Things will work out, just try it but first let's clean up this mess, I'll drive you there afterwards. If things turn out bad you come back with me, but if things turn out good then just walk inside and text me to pick you up later." She smiled. 

I forgot that I have her number. This whole friends with a teacher thing comes off weird but it honestly isn't weird to me. 

*********

After we finished cleaning she drove me to Liam's house. During the drive I was going crazy, not being around him was sad and I didn't want that, I wanted to be friends. Once we pulled up to his house I got out and walked up to the door. I then knocked and waited.

"Huey?" He looked around the  door as if he was hiding.

"Hi I uh, I don't know, came to tell you something?" He looked around then to Ms. Mack's car.

"Dude get her out of here, I'll even drive you home just get her out of here." Did he have something against her? I mean she stands up for me all the time so is it that?

"Why?" I asked him. He whispered so only I could hear if anyone was listening.

"Just trust me, get her away from this house, I'll explain after." He looked at me hopefully so I listened. I walked up to her car, she rolled down the windows.

"How did it go?"

"He says you have to leave, I don't know why but I'll tell you later I guess." She looked at me confused but drove off after saying bye.

When I walked back to the front door Liam quickly grabbed me by my jacket pulling me inside. "Whoa what gives?" I straitened myself.

"Sorry, it's just that no one is allowed in my house right now. My dad would freak and that never goes well." I should probably leave.

"Then shouldn't I leave? I'll just cause problems." I backed up towards the door but he spoke again.

"But don't you have to tell me something?" Might as well go for it.

"Okay you know that bet? Well yeah I don't want you to leave me alone, if anything I want you to always be around me. I guess you could call me a 'fag' anyway, you're very hard to read and very confusing but I mean I like puzzles! so fun! right uh yeah I'm blabbering because I'm kinda freaking out right now but it's whatever I guess-" he cut me off.

"I knew you were gay from when I first saw you, and I knew you liked me since the first day of school." He walked off as if the topic was chill.

"But...I'm so confused, I'm just always so confused these days. Beats me to be honest." I walked over to where he was and sat at the island table in the kitchen. He looked at me weird.

"What? Did I do something wrong?" I raised my hands.

"You walked into my house and sat down without asking. Usually people are so formal with me and I hate it, I'm just not used to people being here to be honest." He leaned on the counter.

"Oh-well um this has been fun but I think I should go." I went to get up.

"But I'm driving you home so you can't leave until I want you to." I'm getting mixed signals with this guy, seriously.

"You're not much of a mean person anymore, I feel like I could punch you right now and you wouldn't do anything." He just shrugged. 

"Eh probably." Wow really? But the thing is all that would do is just harm me instead.                          

"I'm home Liam!" Liam stiffened. he's scared? He grabbed me, again, and
brought me upstairs into what seemed to be his room. I don't think the man saw us and I'm pretty sure that's his father.

"Stay quiet, just try please. I'll do anything you want but please just stay right here and make no noise." He ran down stairs. Something is going on here, I am so confused. Once again, I guess that's just what I am these days.