9

Liam's POV

The police man soon left and I was left there staring into space. Huey stood in front of me with  sympathetic expression but I didn't shift my gaze.

"Do you want to go see him?" He asked softly. Truth is I don't love my dad, I just don't want to lose anymore people. I shook my head.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" His face was filled with sadness, does he have the empty feeling that I'm experiencing? I stretched out my arms hoping he would give me a hug and he did. I cried everything I had left in me.  

We eventually got to the couch and sat down. He wiped away my tears and sighed. 
"I don't know how to comfort people, I've tried my whole life." He said shyly.

"You've helped enough, don't worry." I smiled slightly at him. We stayed quiet for the next few minutes until he spoke again.

"Were you going to kiss me before, I know it's the wrong time but I just can't stop thinking about it." His eyes were begging for my answer. Although I was hurt and sad I knew that maybe my life would be better off without my dad, I don't know if he's passed yet but the thought still came rushing to my head. Maybe Huey would be there for me through it all? 

"Probably." His face went from scared to shocked to flustered.

"Really?" He beamed causing me to chuckle a bit.
"I'm not lying, I was going to." We stayed quiet for a little longer before he spoke once again.

"Do you think you could do it a-" I connected my lips to his not caring whether he finished talking or not. The kiss lasted for what felt like an eternity, but we parted, both breathing deeply. His face held a happy but subtle smile which was then spread to mine as well.