[PROLOGUE]

Christmas Morning
(Y/N)'s apartment
Previously

Word Count: 1173

And you will NEVER believe who I saw standing beside my boyfriend.

Kim Hajin.

I cut my furious, dumbfounded eyes to Jungkook, silently searching his eyes for an answer. He parted his lips to speak up, but Hajin beat him to the punch.

"Oh! W-We didn't come together," She blurted nervously.

Being the territorial girlfriend I was, I yanked Jungkook towards me. He stumbled through the doorway, resting a strong arm around me after collecting himself. The snowflakes on his jacket invited goosebumps on my skin.

"Well?" I sighed in annoyance. "The hell do you want?"

"L-Look, (Y/N), can I talk to you?" Her eyes wandered to Jungkook. "...Alone?"

"Jeongguk has every right to the conversation as I do," I quickly rambled, as if I'd rehearsed that line.

The corners of his pink lips curled into a quirky smile.

I bet he felt special.

"I-It's about Minnie," She mumbled.

Minnie: her cringey nickname for Yoongi.

I sighed deeply, pinching the bridge of my nose as I turned to Jungkook, "I'll be back."

He nodded, stepping away to place himself on the couch. I stepped outside to be instantly greeted by the frosty breeze. Closing the squeaky front door behind me, I turned to the girl I never
thought I'd have an actual conversation with.

"Make it quick," My face was neutral.

"Okay then," She smiled. "Let's be friends."

I held a frost-nibbled hand up, before I could interrupt her, this bitch interrupted my interruption! Holding her petite hand before mine, she persisted with her bullshit.

"I'm so sorry for how I've treated you,
before. I-It's just that I knew you liked him and I–"

"I liked and still like my boyfriend," I frowned.

"Y-You slept with him..."

"I WAS DRUNK!" I growled.

She blinked as if I was a dumbass. Frustrated, I looked away and bit my tongue before anything too harsh escaped my lips. She pissed me off to the point that I nearly forgot it was Christmas. I'd much rather be with Jihoon right now, making cookies and giving them to the kids that lived in the complex while they played in the snow.

Sadly, that was impossible.

I lifted my balled up fist to my gritted teeth, biting my knuckle to restrain myself from crying in front of her. Tears flooded my eyes, dripping down my cheeks. The cold breeze dried them almost instantly.

"(Y/N)–ahh? Are you crying?" Hajin's voice was soft yet high.

I shook my head, closing my eyes dismissively. "Why should I forgive you?"

"I was overprotective... When I was younger, I'd fallen for Minnie," She explained carefully. "Also, this isn't relevant but I thought I'd share a secret with you."

Brushing her black hair away from her shoulders, she heaved a sigh.

"Spit it out," I frowned.

"I'm your friend's twin sister. Though he is ashamed of me because our family sees me as a... whore," She mumbled.

I stared at her. I began to notice the familiar features for the first time. The full, plump lips. The slim face. The unique eyes.