VI

Song: Hurt Me by Låpsley

So if you're gonna hurt me, why don't you hurt me a little bit more?

(A/N: This song actually made me cry a few times. :))

********************************

We were home by the time the sun was rising again. We stopped at the front door and just looked at it for a while.

"Are you ready?" I asked her softly.

"No, but I guess I have to go in." she said sighing and putting her hand on the doorknob, turning it and walking inside.

I followed closely behind her. She suddenly stopped in her tracks and gasped.

"Mom, Dad?" she let out a shaky breath.

"Hey sweetie, the guys called us. What happend?" the woman who appeared to be her mom ran to her and wrapped her arms around her.

"It's nothing. I just had a little breakdown. I'm fine now." she answered. Her mom let her go and took a step back, standing next to Lynn's father again.

"What are you doing here?" she asked them.

"We just wanted to know if everything was okay. It seems like it's not so we're gonna stay for a couple of day." her dad replied. Her eyes grew wide and she groaned.

"No, that's not necessarily. You can just go back home. I'm fine now." she looked like she was almost having a panic attack.

"Honey, we are staying. You can't change our minds. It's been a long time since we saw you. Since.... Nathaniel and all." her mom said.

"Don't ever say his name again." she practically yelled before running up the stairs to what I think was her room.

We just stood there in an awkward silence for a while. I didn't know what to say or what to do until Brian broke the silence.

"So, were did you find her? What happened?" he asked.

"She was standing on the railing of a bridge. She was about to jump. If I hadn't been there faster she would have....." I choked on my words. I couldn't get anything out anymore. Tears ran down my cheeks again. I just wanted to curl up into a ball and cry. I was really surprised when Brian walked over to me and gave me a hug.

"I know we all don't know each other but we can get to know each other. We know how you feel. I'm sorry you're going through this." he whispered in my ear. He pulled away after a while and walked back to Alex and Justin.

I looked at Lynn's parents and saw they were looking back at me. Her mom almost looked angry.

"Uhhmm... Mr. and Mrs. Gunnulfsen this is Lara. She's a friend of ours." Alex said. He saw that her mom was looking at me angrily. They seemed to relax and look more friendly when they heard the word 'friend'. That's weird.

"Hey, it's nice to meet you." I said and shake their hands.

"Thanks for saving our daughter." Lynn's mother says and pulls me into a hug.

"Someone should go check on her." Justin says.

"Yeah, but who?" Brian asks.

"I say Lara goes. They seem to get along pretty well." Alex says and I start blushing. What? Blushing? No,... I'm not.. Blushing. I'm just....

"Ok, I'll go." I say before walking up the stairs and trying to find Lynn's room. I walk around in the hallway and suddenly hear someone sobbing. I knock on the door to my right were the sound is coming from.

"Leave me alone." I hear a faint voice say. I try to open the door but it's locked.

"Lyndsey, please. Let me in." I say.

I hear shuffling on the other side of the door and I can hear the lock turn. I slowly open the door and see Lynn sitting on her bed with tears running down her face. I walk into the room and close the door behind me.

"Can you lock it again?" she asks. I nod and lock the door. I walk over to her and sit next to her on the bed.

"Are you okay? Probably not but I don't really know what to ask in these situations." I ask, rubbing her back. She shakes her head.

"No, I'm not. But I eventually will be. I have to be okay someday. I don't think that's ever gonna happen though." she mumbles, wiping at tear away.

"I know it's hard but you're gonna get through it. I don't really know you but I can see that you're a very strong person Lyndsey." I quietly say, trying to calm her down a bit.

She just starts crying harder and hugs me tight. I pull her even closer to me. It feels so good to have her in my arms. I never want to let go.

I hear a knock on the door and I pull away. "Lyndsey, honey. What's wrong? Are you okay?" I hear her mother say through the door.

"Go away mom, I'm fine." Lynn quickly answers. "I really want her to go away." she whisperes in my ear. I feel her got breath on my neck and feel butterflies in my stomach. Okay, I have to confess. I'm really falling for her.

Hey guys! HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope you have an amazing year! If you have any problems you can always talk about them to me wven if you don't know me. I hope you enjoyed! If you did please vote and leave a comment. I hope you have a great day! See you in the next chapter. Bye!

~K