Chapter 1 | Surprised

~Y/N Pov~
As I began to drift off, with my hand supporting my head while leaning towards the window of the airplane when suddenly the flight attendant started to speak.

" Ladies and gentlemen, we are ten minutes of lading, thank you for flying with us and welcome to Seattle."

I start to put my things away, which is mostly my books and my blanket.

"Iris wake up,we are already here!" I said to her while poking at her cheek. She gradually opens her eyes. I continued to organize my backpack. Throughout the whole flight here, I was thinking about how I ended up here.

My guardian, Andrew has been taking care of us since we were little, just right after our parents' death of course. He has always been so protective of us, maybe a little too protective. Overall he's such a funny and understanding person that can't argue with him. Although, this change of living back where I was born was a big decision because I don't remember too much of it. Quite a significant change for me and my sister. It makes me very uneasy about her starting a new life here because she was raised in a completely different environment, and so was I. I hope we don't move again soon like we do every time.

We finally landed and started to head our way to the luggage area.

" Iris can you do me a favor? Can you call Andrew and tell him that we just landed? Please, thank you."

"Why don't you call him?"

"Well, first of all, my phone for some odd reason is not getting a signal here and second is because I told you too. Now hurry, I don't want to hear him yell at me right now."

" Jeez fine, you don't have to be so mean."

I rolled my eyes at her while grabbing our luggage.

" Hey..yeah .. we just landed...ok...yes....yup...ok...bye...yes bye."

"What did he say?"

"Just to be careful and he should be here in about a week or so."

"Ok...well we should get going then."

We head towards the parking lot, trying to find the car.

"Why are we in the parking lot?"

"Why are you so annoying?"

"Well I don't know, why are you an ass?"

" Iris, just shut up!"

I was getting too annoyed to the point I put down my things on the ground in the middle of the parking lot.

"Ok, if you just stay quiet for a bit, then I can show you your surprise."

"Ok"

I reached into my pocket in my pants and took out a pair of keys. Once I took them out, I automatically clicked the car button. A few feet away from us, I saw a couple of headlights turn on.

" NOOOOO WAYYYY!!!" she gasped.

I grabbed my things off the floor and began to walk towards a black 2007 Jeep Wrangler. It was funny how her face lit up when she saw the Jeep.

We put our bags in the car and sat in the car messing around with the buttons

We put our bags in the car and sat in the car messing around with the buttons. When I open a compartment near the radio, a note popped out. I immediately grabbed it before my sister could.

" What does it say?"

" It says ... *clearing my throat *...DONT CRASH THE JEEP!!"

Giving an impression of Andrew .We both started laughing. As we began to settle down. I began to drive out of the parking lot. Luckily I passed my driving test before we moved here. I was so excited to be back at my birthplace; it just feels like I need to be here.

We started our 3-hour drive from Seattle to Forks. We made a pit stop a little after we left the airport. We bought food and another snacks.

As time passes by we finally made it home. It brought back good and bad memories, yet it's the bad ones are winning right now. We quickly made our self's comfortable. Iris went to her room right away, and I stayed in the living room. Sadly thought how close my childhood home was. It was right up to the road. I closed my eyes thinking about the day they died.

Flames were roaring from the house, lighting the dark road. I can hear my mom and my dad screaming. I was in shock holding my little sister, standing outside my house. Out of know where I see a wolf coming out of the forest behind our house. I wanted to yell, but when I was about too, the wolf left. I couldn't cry, knowing I want my sister to become more upset. Suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder. I gasped, and I turned my head.

I saw my sister looking at me concerned.

"Are you ok Y/N?

"Yeah...."

She sat next to me, without breaking eye contact.

"Y/N you know you can talk to me, if something is bothering you, you can tell me, you know I won't tell Andrew."

I sighed and stood up.

" It's nothing really, " giving her a fake smile." just a bit anxious about going to school tomorrow, that's all."

"Yeah me too" she looked down at the floor.

I pulled her up and hugged her. We immediately felt a lot better. Between ear to ear I told her that it was going to be ok. We let our quick embrace part, and both of us headed upstairs to our rooms.

As I entered my room, looking at the window. From my view of my room, I can see almost the house I grew up in. I quickly closed the blinds. I changed into my (f/c) PJ's. I jumped into bed, with many thoughts running through my mind. All I knew for sure that there is no turning back. I picked up my phone to see I had signal, and luckily I did. I quickly called Andrew, yet it rang all the way through to voicemail.

*Beep*

"Hey, I just wanted to let you know that we are happy with the place, hope to talk you tomorrow, love you lots, nanite Andrew."

*Beep*

" I just hope tomorrow will be better," I thought to myself.

I looked at my phone, and I turned it off putting it on my nightstand. I closed my eyes, falling into a quick deep sleep.