Ignorance is Bliss

Joe's POV

I thought I was overreacting and that I still had a chance but turns out I was wrong. No one from the cast commented or liked her picture because they knew that if I saw their likes and comments I'd get upset. I read through the feedback under her post and most of it is negative. Lots of people are telling her that they'd rather see her with me but at this point, I give up. 

I was just about to turn my phone off when I got a call from Charlie.

"Hey bud," I answered the phone trying not to sound too upset.

"You may be an actor but you're terrible at lying. How are you feeling?" He asked knowing that I wasn't okay.

Still not wanting to worry him I say, "I'm fine really. I'm not that bothered by it."

"Bullshit, like I just said, you are a terrible lier Joe Keery. Listen I can tell you're really bothered by this. Meet me at mine in 15 minutes okay?"

I agreed to go over to his place and start to get ready. I brush my teeth and get dressed while I wait for an uber. I really don't know what I'll say when I see him but I don't want to talk about her especially her with him. I hear a honk outside of my house and head towards my ride. The whole way to his house was silent but I could see the young driver looking at me in the mirror. When the driver finally got to Charlie's house she turned around and asked, "Do you play Steve Harrington on Stranger Things?" I smiled slightly and nodded. She asked if I could take a picture with her so she can show her friend and we did. After the picture was taken I was about to get out of the car when I heard her say one more thing to me, "Also I'm really sorry about the whole Sandy thing. I could really see how much you liked her during that Comic-con interview." Not knowing how to respond I just nodded and closed the car door.

I made my way up Charlie's steps and knocked on his door. He answered it so fast almost as if he was watching me walk up to his house. He looks at my face and I could tell he was trying to read my expressions and figure out how I'm feeling. I sat on his couch not saying a word and waiting for him to speak up first. Instead, I hear running down the hallway and next thing I know Caleb, Gaten, Finn, and Noah are all standing in front of me. 

"I decided you needed to spend some time with your friends to be able to open up about how you're feeling," Charlie admitted looking at the 4 little kids with us. 

"I don't really want to talk about it guys," I start to say before Caleb cuts me off.

"You know I hate getting into people's business but I really think you should talk to us about it. Maybe if you let everything you're feeling out in the air then you can get over her quicker." 

"Or I could just pretend like nothing happened. Pretend like I never liked her and the Comic-con interview never happened. Ignorance is bliss boys." I say with a smile.