McDonalds

Joe's POV

Mona and I decided that in order to make our relationship look real, we should go out and do things every once in a while. Yesterday she had asked me if I wanted to go bowling with her and so that's the plan for today. She drove to her house to get some more clothes and we agreed that when she came back we'd get ready to go. 

After waiting for half an hour for her to come back home and another fifteen minutes for her to get ready, we could finally get going. The bowling alley wasn't too crowded, but the second we walked in and got some bowling shoes, we could see people pointing their phones at us. 

"It would be less awkward if they just came up and said hi," Mona whispered to me.

I nodded and we made our way to an aisle. We spent what felt like hours bowling. People were watching us joke around and every couple of minutes we could see someone very obviously point at us. Mona kept trying to dance to the music playing over the speakers but instead of staying upright, she fell on the slippery floor. I, being the nice person I am, tried to help her get up on her feet after I was done laughing at her. She instead took the hand I offered to her and pulled me down with her. I ended up slamming on top of her, which made her regret what she just did. We laid there on the dirty floor for a few minutes before getting back up. Neither of us could stop laughing and when we thought that we had calmed down, we would look at each other and break out laughing again. 

When we finally wrapped up our 4th game, we decided that we've had enough bowling for one day. We return the shoes we had borrowed and made our way back to my car. While making our way through the parking lot, Mona holds my hand and when I look up I see why. 

There were 3 men with cameras surrounding my car. When they saw us walking towards them, they positioned their cameras and started recording. 

"Mona! Joe! Are you two actually dating?"

"Mona, how does Sandy feel about your relationship?"

Mona's POV

I looked at Joe and saw that he had no intentions of answering their questions so I kept my mouth shut as well. They continued to shout at us and we ignored them. Joe walks with me, opens the passenger door for me and then walks around to his side. We wait for the men to move away from the car and then we drive off.

"Are you hungry?" He asks me, taking his eyes off the road.

"Yes and focus on where you're driving."

"What you don't think I can drive without looking?" He jokes and turns his attention back to the road. 

As we pull into the McDonald's driveway I look at Joe and start laughing.

"What?"

"This is really classy."

Joe's POV

She leans over her armrest and looks out my window at the menu. The red glowing sign reflects on her face and I can barely see her because of how dark it is. After staring at the menu she sits back down.

"What are you getting?" 

"Chicken nuggets."

"It took you that long to decide that you wanted chicken nuggets?"

She pretends to get mad at me making fun of her and then we roll up to the window. I order for the both of us and then drive up to the next window.

"You know that I could've ordered for myself right?"

"You know that I was trying to be nice right?