Good Night

Joe's POV

Today was exhilarating for me. I felt as though the months of worry and stress were over after I got to tell Sandy how I've been feeling. When I told Mona she was upset at first, which is understandable because she doesn't want to see her sister hurt, but ultimately she was proud of me for finally confronting her. The interviews that day were easy and less stressful than the ones before. I did my best to avoid Sandy the whole day and for the most part, it worked out.

When both groups were done with interviews we all managed to meet up at the place we agreed on. From there we were led to the venue where the premiere party was being held. We spent the next couple of hours dancing and talking to everyone that was invited to the premiere. The younger cast all had to leave at 11 pm, but I was ready to leave as well. I make my way over to Mona, who was laughing with some guy that was invited. I debate whether or not I should interrupt their conversation, but eventually, I tap her on the shoulder. 

"Hey I think I'm going to leave now, do you want me to drop you off or do you want to come over again?" I ask her.

Before she could get a word out, the guy she was with decided to speak up for her, "Actually I could take you home later instead," he smiled at her, hoping it would convince her to stay with him longer but his plan didn't succeed and she kindly declined his offer.

"Are you sure it wouldn't bother you too much if I stayed at your place again?" She asked, not wanting to be an inconvenience. 

I nod my head and we walk around saying our goodbyes to everyone. We head to the parking lot and once we get in the car she gives me a hug. When we pull back I gave her a confused look wondering what that hug was for. 

The look on my face must've been obvious because she felt the need to explain, "That was for getting me out of the situation I was in earlier. That guy was starting to scare me."

"Did you even know who he was?" I ask getting worried and starting to wonder whether or not he was even invited in the first place.

"I'm not sure but did you hear him try and invite me back to his place? He was asking me that for at least half an hour."

I start to drive us home and we decide to stop by her place to grab some of her things. When we walked into her apartment she confessed, "I'm actually really glad you offered for me to stay at your place. Or else I would've had to listen to Sandy complain all night about you not liking her."

I laugh a bit think about how just a few months ago I would've done anything for her to like me back.

"Also that was a little shady of you today," She says smiling.

"I don't believe I know what you're talking about."

"You should've seen her face when you wrote her name down."

We grab her things, leave, and head back to my apartment. Mutually, we decided that watching Season 3 was the perfect way to end the day. I was watching Mona when she saw her name appear on the screen during the theme song. I could see her smiling wide and it even made me happy. Instead of watching the first few minutes of the episode I was busy thinking about how this show has brought me one of my best friends. I turn my attention back to the show and ironically it's the scene where both Sandy and Mona's characters are introduced.

We watch for hours until both of us could no longer keep our eyes open. We were only 3 episodes away from finishing the season but we decided to finish the rest in the morning when both of us could actually pay attention. She makes her way over to the guest room and gets changed while I put all the food away and turn off the TV. As I'm about to go to my room I hear her door open and she pokes her head out just to say goodnight to me. Before I could say goodnight back, she was already closing.