A Joke

Sandy's POV

He walks away and I stand there thinking until Matt Duffer walks up to me and tells me to keep walking the carpet. For the next hour and a half, my smile is forced and my cheeks hurt from trying to make it seem believable. I walk down the carpet not hearing a thing people shout at me and only focusing on what Joe said:

"Wow. You've been planning to say this to me for a week? What about the months you made me wait because you didn't know how you felt. You wasted at least five months of my time which I spent wondering whether or not you'd like me back. Not to mention I also had to wait through your relationship which also wasn't easy to watch. But god forbid I say 'okay' to you confessing the week-long feelings you've had for me."

He knew since the day I talked about it in the trailer. He kept it a secret for months hoping I would bring it up to him. And I didn't.

"Sandy wrap it up," I faintly hear Matt and Ross scream at me from the end of the carpet.

I see them standing there with the rest of the cast. I looked for Joe and saw him standing with my sister and the younger boys acting as if we hadn't just had the conversation that ruined my night. I walk over to them and keep my distance from him. I try to not show how much his words hurt me, but I feel like anyone could see right through me. 

"Okay listen up," Ross says getting the cast's attention, "we're going to walk in and split up into two groups: Younger vs. Older cast. Both groups will go and have interviews before coming back and meeting here. Once again I'm going to repeat: we meet back HERE, so no walking around and getting lost," he looks at Finn who's staring at the ground and avoiding the stares from everyone. 

Ross opens the doors into the building and split up into the two groups. I try to tag along with Natalia and Charlie to not look lonely, but being a third wheel got annoying so I eventually walk a little bit behind the others. I look ahead and see Mona, Joe, and Dacre laughing and having a good time leading our group. They were all oblivious to the fact that I was behind them having a horrible time. We eventually make it to the interview room and when we walk in I notice chairs with our names on them and panic, already knowing what's bound to happen. 

Everyone walks around trying to find their name and as expected they had put me next to Joe. They put Mona on the other side of him so he at least had someone to talk to while I was sat on the edge and all I could do is stare out into space. I look at him laughing and enjoying himself and it honestly hurts me more than his words did. It seems as though he doesn't even care that I'm there. 

The interview begins and it starts off with questions that are heavily based off of the series and season 3, but as the interview goes on they become more and more personal.

"How about we play a quick few rounds of most likely to," The interviewer says as she hands out whiteboards and markers, "I assume you all know how to play."

"Most likely to never forget their lines?" Every one of us picks David Harbour.

"Most likely to eat every five minutes while filming?" The answers were pretty evenly split between Joe and Dacre.

"Most likely to send a snapchat to the wrong person?" The answers for this were pretty spread out.

"Most likely to embarrass themselves in front of their crush?" 

I look around to see everyone's answers and I can feel anger and embarrassment rise up inside me. Everyone was jokingly putting Natalia or Charlie on their boards, but when I look at Joe's I could see my name written. When Mona sees his board she gives him a wide-eyed look and he just shrugs, still not having the decency to at least look at me. I could see Monna giving me a sad look, trying to make up for him embarrassing me, but I ignore it. He obviously took everything I told him as a joke. 

The rest of the interview felt like forever and I was so angry I couldn't think straight. After we were dismissed I got up and didn't bother saying goodbye to the interviewer, I just needed to not be near him for any longer.