Two

Finally it's Friday! It's been a crazy week. Since Liz realized that I'm very stubborn, she sends me to deal with employees and suppliers. She's too nice and tends to accept budgets and deadlines without arguing much. It's not that our clients can't pay whatever we ask for a restoration work, but for me is a matter of principles: no one will take advantage of me because I'm a woman and that's what most of them want.

We'd been waiting a month for a luxurious hot tub when I realized that the construction foreman held it to increase the cost, he wanted to install it at the end of our deadline after asking for more money. However, he installed in less than two weeks the tub that our competitor, a man, had asked at the same time. I don't let anyone to rip me off: I asked for a new hot tub speaking directly to the supplier and then I hired a freelance crew to install it. Work is done now and that construction foreman will never work for us again. It's his loss.

Coming back home is a blessing and taking off my high heels almost as good as an orgasm. I don't hear any noise so Liz is not at home, believe me, when she's around she doesn't go unnoticed. I go to my bedroom to take off my clothes and, after picking some underwear, I take a shower, a very long one. It isn't very eco-friendly, I know, but I need it to regain my peace of mind. When I'm going out of my bathroom, Liz rushes in my bedroom without knocking the door. She has a very relaxed notion of what privacy is.

- What do you say if we go out tonight? – She's jumping with excitement while I look for some clothes in my closet.

- "Farra" or "postureo" – Spanish words make her frowning confused.

- What's the difference?

- I'm asking if you want to spend all night drinking and dancing, in which case I'd wear comfortable boots, or you want to go out dressing fancy and with stratospheric stiletto heels, in which case don't expect me to last the whole night.

- First option. Ruby will be DJing in a friend's nightclub grand opening so we'll be dancing all night long – She answers while making a gesture to her back. That's when I realize that Miss "Red Velvet Cake" is leaning on my door's frame, looking at me smiling amused.

- I'm going to look for my clothes – Liz says before rushing out of my bedroom... leaving Ruby behind.

Great Iselen. Why is she always catching you in weird situations? Well, there's nothing weird about being in front of your closet with your simple black underwear (Damn! Why didn't I pick something with French lace?), while looking for a perfect outfit. The weird thing is that Ruby Rose herself is staring at you while you're doing it. "Try to act normal now that your friend isn't here to save your ass from making a fool of yourself" – I think while I calmly consider my options for tonight. It will be most likely a house music club so... this one is perfect: a little dress with sequins in a stripe pattern of grey and golden, with a metal effect like a Paco Rabbane from the 60's, along with my black combat boots with golden rivets, suitable for a night of non-stop dancing. Where's my black clutch bag?

- I like this one, a lot – You could think I was so focused on my clothes that I'd forgotten about Ruby behind me but no, I've been perfectly aware of every movement she's made to arrive to this point: standing by my side, grazing with her finger the tattoo on my right thigh: a black lace garter with a red ribbon and a perfect ruby coloured rose. "Of course you like it" I think while I'm thanking her.

- Do you have any more tattoos? – She seems to be interested in tattoos. I turn around to let her see the dark bird drawn on my other side. She keeps her finger touching my skin while I'm moving, allowing her fingertip to graze through my buttock and my waist till reaching my ribs. I swallow hard and this is the moment Liz chooses to rush in my room again.