Twelve

Ruby was right, Liz didn't mind giving me Friday off to travel to Mexico with her; in her view, I could use some free days to forget about stress and recover a little calm. I'm not sure if I can agree with her: I was supposed to have a relaxed weekend but, since I stepped into Ruby's home with my luggage, everything has been amazing and almost surreal. Firstly, an insanely luxurious car with soft leather seats took us to a private airport. There, a little private jet and its kind flight crew were waiting for us; they carried our bags and a smiling flight attendant led us through the plane, walking on an earth tones carpet and showing us our comfortable white leather seats. She poured us two natural fruit juices followed by a full breakfast from the little kitchen hidden in a wooden cabinet. Once we got to Cabo San Lucas, a new luxurious car with air conditioning to beat the heat took us to the beautiful hotel.

Our villa is amazing, with wonderful views of the beach and sea, three bedrooms distributed on two floors, a living room with a huge TV, a dining room, a fully-equipped kitchen, a marble bathroom, a little private pool and an outdoor patio with easy access to the beach. We even have a pool table to play! This is... words fail me to describe it; I've never been treated like a queen before even if I'm used to work with rich customers: a hotel maid has unpacked my luggage and hung my clothes in the closet, we've been served a light lunch with a selection of cut fruit and salads without asking for it and they have fill the tub with bath salts for Ruby, providing her with a soft cotton bathrobe. I spent the entire morning with my mouth open because this is unbelievable and my companion has noticed my discomfort with this display of wealth.

- I assure you that I don't live this way usually, this is awkward for me too – she said smiling.

Ruby's now in the rooftop bar, leaning over the railing looking at the sea, showing her abs and tattoos in a simple black bikini with a spectacular sunset in the background. The photographer has insisted on taking advantage of the evening light and she's chosen the most beautiful place of this hotel for her photoshoot. The working environment here is very different from Ruby's last modelling job, much more relaxed and nobody is screaming orders. Sitting on one of the white couches, sipping a fruit cocktail, I stare fascinated at the rosy light that draws attention to the model's perfect silhouette while the light sea breeze makes her hair locks dance on her forehead. Her movements are elegant and fluid, she strikes one pose after another without instructions since she knows her job and her greatest assets so she takes advantage of them: she pouts, stares directly at the camera with her stunning blue-green eyes and curls her lips in a teasing smirk. One perfect picture after another, work is done quickly thanks to her expertise.

A new touch of make-up, someone puts a silk shirt on her shoulders and she changes places: Ruby's now leaning back on one of the white couches surrounded by little lights that create a romantic atmosphere. The photoshoot goes on and the photographer only has words of praise for the model, she seems charmed by her and can't stop smiling and joking... and also touching. I sit down straight while frowning, we have here some make-up artists and hairdressers for a reason, there's no need for this woman to brush Ruby's bangs away from her face or to tighten the bikini's knot on her back taking advantage of it to graze my girl's skin with her knuckles. What the hell is her problem? She's trying to flirt with her right under my nose. My movement draws Ruby attention and she stares at me confused when she notices that I'm a bit tense, she hesitates for a few seconds till she realizes what's happening, she smiles naughtily and winks at me.

- How long is this going to take? I need time to change my clothes before going dinner with my... girlfriend – she's hesitated looking at me before saying that last word, I grin from ear to ear in response, I don't mind her calling me "girlfriend" if that means that she's getting rid of this annoying woman.