Epilogue

Awards ceremonies, interviews, photoshoots, new shops openings, fashion shows... I've lost count of how many times I've escorted Ruby to all kinds of events where paparazzi are always taking pictures of us even if I try to stay away from the limelight, always one step behind her. I'm not sure yet if I like having a camera in front of my face every minute of every day but I think I'm getting used to it. My girlfriend said that it's strictly forbidden for me to read comments on social media and press articles and I think she's right: I'm losing information but I'm winning peace of mind.

We've been playing during the last few months and it's not what you think, you perverts. Instead of freaking out every time we spotted a paparazzo we've decided to have our dates in the strangest places, wherever a journalist wouldn't expect to find us. We spent one evening at Madame Tussauds museum and we took some pictures with Marilyn Monroe, I kissed Ruby in the Huntington Rose Garden, we climbed to the Griffith Observatory enjoying the breathtaking views, we were meditating in a Japanese garden and then we had a picnic on a little beach. We write down every time we're caught by the media, Ruby's fans don't count since she's delighted when they recognize her and takes pictures with them happily, and we have a scoreboard to know who's winning. Ruby's in the lead now but just because she plays it safe, instead I suggested taking a stroll through The Hollywood Walk of Fame thinking that it was the last place where a photographer would imagine he could find us. It worked at first, till some fans realized that they were seeing the real Ruby Rose and not some kind of imitator and they twitted her location, warning the paparazzi.

Yesterday my girlfriend cooked me a special dinner, with candle lights and chocolate dessert. When she does something like that she scares the hell out of me because I know she's going to ask me something that I won't probably like. Unfortunately she knows my weak spot and every time she asks me she's looking into my eyes biting her delectable lower lip. It's impossible to say no. That's why, when she dropped the bomb last night, I said yes, but on the condition that she's the one who should talk to Liz. So here we're.

- Liz, I have to say that I'm so disappointed with you – Ruby is confronting our friend that looks at her startled – I've never thought you were like this: an exploitative boss.

- What the hell are you talking about? – She looks at me confused but I just shrugged and remain silent.

- I'm afraid that this is the case – Ruby keeps talking in a serious tone – Listen, you should know that there's one thing called "office hours" but you don't seem to care. You take advantage of the fact that Iselen lives here and you make her work from home whenever it's convenient for you. I'm afraid that I can't allow the current situation to continue indefinitely, you have my girlfriend enslaved and you force her to choose wallpaper samples at 10 pm. That's not cool so I'm taking her with me.

- What? Are you kidnaping her?

- Something like that: Iselen is going to live with me, you know, in the house next door. From now on, when she leaves your office her free time belongs to me, you can call her if there's an emergency of course and you can always come visit us... but you can't talk to her about Lalique vases during breakfast, those hours belong to me too. Well, what do you say?

- Are you asking my opinion? – Liz seems absolutely outraged, I don't know if this has been a good idea after all – All right, you can take her with you outside office hours. But... every time she bakes cookies or cakes you have to send me my share of it. I absolutely refuse to run out of homemade cookies just because you want to make out with your girlfriend watching Netflix every evening.

- Agree – Ruby sakes Liz's hand and then they both look at me with a satisfied smile on their faces – You know, for somebody who hates being handled, you're taking our attempt to control your life pretty well. So you have nothing to say?

- Yes – I answer – I'm going to bake raisin cookies tonight.

- I don't like raisins in my cookies – says Liz while frowning.

- Neither do I – Ruby pouts next to her.

- I know – I answer with a mischievous smirk.

THE END DEFINITELY  

I could go on with the story but it'd be like going around in circles with Iselen messing things up and Ruby forgiving her (and I refuse to use the easy storyline trick of "cheating on my girlfriend") I'd rather just finish here. 

If you find something strange while reading the last chapter, as if the writing style doesn't fit with the rest of the book, it's because that's the first chapter I wrote. I tried to fix it but I think you still can notice it. I don't think I'll do anything like that again, I was just trying something new. 

Anyway, vote and comment. I always answer and I don't bite.

I have too many books going on but I'm going to start some more: I have my Sorceress and Adele but also an Ares story with some chapters already writen, a vampire threesome story with very high voltage sex scenes that are making me blush when I'm writing them (and I still don't know if I'll dare to publish,) a Ruby dark elf stuff going on too and I have a zombie apocalyptic story in my head already. Too much imagination, too little time...