Three

Monday morning. Is there anything worse? Waking up, having a shower, getting dressed, having breakfast... Everything seems to involve double effort. That's why Liz and her group of friends have a meeting every Monday evening for dinner, not only as a means of keeping contact no matter how busy they're, but also because it's something funny to look forward to at the beginning of the week. Each time a different restaurant is chosen and today Liz has decided we should go to Elf Café in Sunset Blvd.

Zoe and Elli are waiting for us when Liz and I arrive with Sam, who lives closer to us and that's why we usually share a car. Zoe is an architect and Elli a lawyer, both have worked with my boss sometimes, while Sam is a childhood friend and the owner of a beauty salon where we all go to ask for free make up and beauty samples of cosmetics, skincare products, shampoo and perfume. Poor Sam is unable to say no, she's the peacemaker of the group. Ellie is a fighter and she stands up for her views vehemently, maybe because she's used to argue in court. Zoe and Liz are two of a kind, crazy and funny, however Zoe is better with sarcasm and irreverence while Liz is a harmless sort of person.

After greeting each other we sit down at our table and I realize that there's an empty space beside me.

- Are we expecting anyone else tonight? – I ask surprised since during these past months it's just always been the five of us.

- Ruby. She's texted me a few minutes ago. She was leaving a photo shoot – answers Liz.

- I didn't know that she came to Monday dinners.

- She doesn't usually attend, you know she's a very busy schedule, but today she said to me that she fancied a girls' nigh out. Ah, here she's.

Ruby walks through the door wearing a flashy purple silk blouse that matches her lipstick. After greeting everybody she sits down next to me and smiles. Her lips catch my eye like a magnet. Her smile is wider now.

- I know, it's a loud colour but I'm coming from a make-up company photo shoot.

- No, it's fine. It's... different – I mutter while I keep staring hypnotised at her lower lip.

- Iselen? – Ellie's voice pulls me out of my trance – Do you prefer pasta or risotto?

- Risotto I guess – the waiter is taking our orders and I haven't even looked at the menu.

- I'll have the pasta – Ruby says to the waiter before turning to me – We can share and try both.

After a round of glasses of wine and with our food on the table we have fun as always. The conversation flows naturally and lively: stories about work, gossip, weekend plans, Sam's dog mischiefs and Zoe's misadventures with men. Her affairs doesn't last long because she tends to choose airheads, exactly like her, so lately she's been joking about coming over to the dark side and look for a girl. As if we can't be wild too.

I've share my risotto with Ruby, it was delicious by the way, and we've decided to forget about the dessert. Focused on the conversation I don't realize how close she's till I feel her sniffing my neck. I get goosebumps involuntarily and suddenly I'm aware of her leg resting against mine, I feel her heat on my thigh even through the fabric of our pants.

- What perfume are you wearing? It smells wonderful, I noticed it the other day at the club.

Oh yes, she's talking about the other day when she almost dry fucked me against the wall to distract those jerks. The memory causes an ache in my core that makes me anxious and agitated on my chair. Ruby doesn't blink as she keeps her leg against mine.