Picnic with Arnavji!

Khushi POV
"So you think a red salwar suit would be a better choice for my first date?" I confirmed again.
"Yes Khushiji. I am sure you will look really beautiful in red. Even I like that color a lot." Anjali Didi replied.

Didi called me an hour ago. And I started explaining her about the fact that today is my lunch date with my boyfriend. We discussed a lot. About what sort of dress, jewellery and footwear would be appropriate for a lunch. She helped me a lot in selecting the right attire for this date.
A while ago Arnavji had messaged me that he will be outside my house at 1.15 pm. I happily agreed since Buaji and Jeeji were out visiting Preeto's would be in-laws.

"So when did you realize that you were in love with your Boss Khushiji?" Didi asked.
"It was love at first sight for us Didi. Just one look was enough to make both of us realize that we are meant to be. I mean for me till now it was always Salman Khanji. However, one glance at my Preetam changed everything for me. Hehehe." I said.

She too laughed out loud hearing my words.
"Well Khushiji I hope you guys get all the happiness in the world. With the speed you have fallen for each other...I am sure by the next month I will be your wedding planner. Am I right?" she asked with a giggle.
"Wow Didi...are you a fortune teller or something? One thing is certain though...you will be my wedding planner in the future when my Bossji will decide about our marriage." I declared in triumph.
"Sure Khushiji. Now you go get ready for your date. You dont have much time." She said.
"Oh yes. Okay Didi. Thanks a lot. Bye."

And then I ran away with a speed of Lucknow Express to take a shower. Come on Khushi. Hurry up. Not much time is left now.

Arnav POV
I rushed around like a clown in my own room trying very hard to pose a casual look. Ughhh. Why is this so hard? I just need to look a little less intimidating...after all its my first date.
"HP...HP...keep the stuff I asked for, in my car." I screamed from my room.

Yup. I had already explained it to HP what all stuff I would need for my picnic date with Khushi. I had also informed him about keeping things confidential. Especially from Mamiji. She can be pretty scary in her James Bond mode. No need to alert the entire family about my first date.
Finally I am all set to go.

A while later I was on my way to Laxmi Nagar to pick up my love, Khushi Kumari Gupta.

An hour later on the way to the park...

"....and then Buaji fell on Bediji...thats when their love and hate relationship started. For now its only one sided. Buaji hates Bediji. But we should not loose hope. One day their love story will change tracks." Khushi explained to me in her chirpy voice.

I laughed hearing her enthusiasm.
"So you are a part time match-maker huh? And here I thought you were only my PA." I said in mock anger.

"Ofcourse. I could start my own business one day. Just imagine Arnavji. Pyar ki Gaadi Banayein(Brings Love on Track)...Owner Khushi Kumari Gupta." She said with a proud smile.

"Hehehe. Yeah Khushi. And your first client is ASR always and forever." I said huskily.
"Oh really? Then what about my fees ASRji? Compensation has to be worthwhile." She said moving close to my face and blowing air a little seductively.

I breathed heavily and lost control of the steering wheel for a second.
"Khushi!! I am driving! Please let me concentrate.." I said while turning a deep shade of red.

"Oye hoye....kya rapchik andaaz hai aapka main to fida hogayi(what unique style you have...I am flattered)." Khushi winked at me.

Goshhhhh...why is the drive taking so long. Ughhhh. This girl will definitely kill me today.

Khushi POV
We arrived at a park away from the city. It looked exceptionally beautiful mind you. Haaye. Arnavji is so romantic. He is so much like the rajkumar(prince) of my dreams.

"Wow this is simply breathtaking." I said to Arnavji who was busy in spreading the bedsheet and arranging the picnic basket.

"Well anything for Khushi Kumari Gupta." He said with a soft smile. Making my heart melt further.

"Wait...." I stopped him from sitting down.
"What Khushi..." He asked.

I dragged him down with me making him lie down on the bedsheet and then I layed my head comfortably on his stomach. Making a T shape of sorts. Arnavji was in a horizontal position while I was in a vertical one.

He did not say anything but just sighed deeply with relief. I further made him keep his arm on my collar bone. And I grabbed that arm with both of my hands.

We just enjoyed the sun on our bodies for a long time. It felt nice to be away from the hustle bustle of our daily life.
"Everything is so peaceful and calm here." Arnavji broke the silence.
"Exactly. Devi Maiyya must also wonder why people dont have time for themselves these days. Work. Work. And work. Thats all that defines our world now. I mean once in a while being close to nature is not harmful right Arnavji?" I asked while playing with his fingers.

"You are right Khushi. I have not done anything like this since ages. Its because of you that I am feeling so free and peaceful right now. Thank you for giving me such a wonderful gift." He said in a vulnerable and rough voice.

I could feel his hold tightening on my shoulders. There is a deep pain in his eyes. Something bothers him. At times he shows a sensitive side of himself. That remains hidden with the facade of ASR. I dont know about your issues Arnavji. But one day we will fight it together. Till then I am with you.

I held his arm more tightly and then cleared my throat a bit. To say what was running my mind.
"There is something that happened in your past. I can feel it in the depth of your eyes. In your body language. Arnavji whenever you are ready...do tell me. I am always there for you. Khushi to Arnavji ki Parchayi hai(Khushi is Arnavjis Shadow)."

And then I felt Arnavji turn me to his side in a way that we were facing each other.
"I will someday...I promise." He said with a sad smile. And caressed my hair soothingly.

"Come on now. No senti stuff. Are you going to share whats in your basket or not? Because I am super hungry." I said casually.
And then the tense atmosphere changed into a light one. My man smiled...a big smile.

Arnav POV

On our way back to the car...

Khushi is really something. She understood my silence so easily. Is the thing about soulmates....actually true? Have I really found my other half? If thats the case then its high time that I should confess my feelings to my girl. Time does not waits for anyone. I have lost a really important person in my life earlier. I wont take second chances. I will confess my love to Khushi very soon. Yes. It has to happen quickly. I thought.

"I am really tired Arnavji. How about a piggyback ride?" My love asked childishly. I could not really help but fall more in love with her.

With a silly smile on my face I bent on my knees and carried my girl till the car.
Feeling her surround me like that...made me feel cherished.

Soon Khushi Kumari Gupta.

Soon I will tell you...how much I Love You.