An Arranged Marriage!

Anjali POV
It was 6pm in the evening. All the Guptas and Raizadas women were gathered in the temple at the moment. It was a beautiful way to come together and thank DM. And Nani was super happy when an hour ago I had announced the fact that Gupta family will join us in DMs temple soon.

We all performed the rituals and then individually prayed one by one. However, as soon as it was Khushiji's turn Nani pulled me a little away from the crowd towards a secluded area. I tagged along in wonderment only to get shocked at her next words.
"Anjali bitiya...I really like this cheerful girl Khushi. What do you think...how is she for our Chotte? This thought has been running in my mind since I first met her. And now I cannot just control it any longer. Lets talk to Chotte. I know only you can do this."

Hearing Nani's words I did not really know how to react. OH MY GOD. This is amazing. Should I laugh or should I cry out of happiness. Here I was trying to bring up the talk of Chotte being in love with Khushiji and look Nani already solved the problem. This is just perfect.
I will call my brother right now...he should know this good news asap. Yup. I was about to speed dial him when my fingers stopped on their on accord. Hmmm....Nope. Lets make Chotte squirm a little bit. Why not do things a little differently?

But then I thought it would be cherry on the top to get Khushiji involved in this. Haha. Superb. Once the prayers were over I tapped her shoulder and whispered everything in my future sister in laws ears. Who to my delight started jumping with joy.
"Aap fikar mat kijiye Nandji. Ab dekhiye ASRji ko kaise jhatke pe jhatke lgte hain. Inko humne ASR se MSR na banaya na to humara naam bhi Khushi Kumari Gupta nai"(Dont worry would be Sister in law. Now you simply watch how ASR will get shock after shock. And I will make sure that he turns from ASR to MSR...thats Khushi Kumari Gupta's promise to you).

Umm MSR...what does that means?
"Khushiji MSR..." I asked all confused now.
"Didi MSR...Manju Singh Raizada"(Romeo Raizada).
Her words made me laugh. We were in tears after our conversation. A little later the elders joined us. Khushi's Buaji was smiling with happiness while Nani looked like she was on cloud nine. Hmm. I nudged Khushiji who too stared at them and then we shared a smile. Proposal given. Perfect.

Arnav POV
After coming back home from my office I quickly showered. Phewww. It was a very tiring day. I thought. Even Khushi left early for her evening prayer. I excused her knowing how important such things are for my girl.

The knock on my door brought me back from my train of thoughts. Come in. I said. Only to see Di and Nani walking inside my room.
Nani looked all happy. While Di's face looked pretty neutral to me.
"Chotte I am very happy today. Guess what dear...we have fixed your marriage. Are you not excited? The girl is very beautiful. And I have spoken to her family too." Nani's words were like pouring acid down my throat.

I shared a look with Di who gave me sympathetic stares now. Crap. This was all I needed. Damn it. Arranged alliance. Really? I tried to stop Nani but Di gave me a look that said 'Not now please'. And I could do nothing at all.

Once Nani left. I blasted all of my frustration on Di.
"WHAT THE HELL DI?!? WHAT IS THIS NEW DRAMA? AN ARRANGED ALLIANCE? REALLY? WHAT ABOUT KHUSHI? DID YOU FORGET I AM IN LOVE WITH HER?"
Di stood still for a moment but then quickly recovered. Yup for the first time I lost my temper on Di like that. But this is something about my god damn life. How can I keep mum and simply nod my head like a fool?
"Chotte actually before I could suggest Khushiji's name to Nani she already found someone for you in the temple today. She was pretty impressed by her prayer and devotion, you see. However, I will talk to her soon enough. I did not say anything at that moment because she looked really happy. And I did not have the heart to say 'no'." Di said with a sad face.

Ughhh. Now she looks all upset. I should not have scolded her like that.
"Dont be so sad Di. Its fine. Just solve this issue quickly alright?" I said calmly.
"Sure brother dear. But there is something that I have not told you. Actually Khushi called me after we left the temple and I told her about your alliance by mistake." Di said slowly.
"WHAT?!!!!!" I exclaimed in anger.
"I know I know, but here is the thing she is my best friend and I cannot hide anything from her you see. Its my default setting." She said making a puppy face.
"Damn it!!! I will have to talk to her right now." I said in anger and then Di left my room quietly.

OH MY...GOODNESS
How will she react? Will she be angry? Or is she all sad and disappointed? What if she thinks I am all in for this arranged marriage?Crap. I will call her right now.
Tring.....tring....tring....

Khushi POV
Oh wow. Arnavji is calling me. This is the right time to tease him. I left the red onions that were still not completely cut and with water in my eyes working as bonus answered the phone.
"Hello Khushi.." Arnavji sounded totally terrified.
"Hello Arnavji.." I sniffed a little in exaggeration.
"Khushi...are you crying? Please dont do that. Listen there has been a huge misunderstanding.." Arnavji started to explain but to increase the fun I stopped him.
"Yes a huge misunderstanding on my part. What a fool was I? Getting all excited for my marriage with you. And here you are already booked in advance for someone-else." I said with getting theatrical.
"What?? Khushi no...there has been no advance booking. I did not say yes for this alliance okay? Nani just came and told me all about this unknown girl...I will get this issue resolved alright?" Arnavji tried to convince me nervously.

"Bas Arnavji. Humein kya pata tha ki yeh zaalim samaaj and bedard duniya aisa din dekha degi humko"(Thats it Arnavji. I had no idea that this cruel society and terrible world will show such a day to me). I said keeping my hand on my forehead and then wiping my crocodile tears.
"Kya? Zaalim what?"(What? Cruel what?). He asked in confusion.
"Hum yahan apna dard bayaan kar rahein hain aur aap humse iss sab ka matlab pooch rhein hain? Devi Maiyya kya hoga humara? Bas ab to ek hi raasta bacha h.."(Here I am expressing my pain to you and you want to know the meaning of my words? DM what will happen to me? Now there is only one way out for me..). I said dramatically.

"What way out Khushi?" Arnavji sounded horrified now. Hehehe. Is this too much? I know I should not pull his leg for this long. But such pranks  makes life all wonderful and jolly. Lol.
"Dharna denge ab hum. Shantivan ke bahar. Politician Anna Hazarey ne jo India ki janta ke liye kia..woh ab hum apne bhavishye ke liye krenge"(I will Protest Arnavji. Outside your house Shantivan. Like Politician Anna Hazarey did for the masses of India. I will do the same for my future). I declared patriotically.
"Protest?!?? Like Anna Hazarey...outside my house?!?" He asked dumbfoundedly.
"Yes hunger strike."  With those words I ended the call. And then laughed like a hyena imagining Arnavji's expressions after listening all my words. Hahahhaha.

Arnav POV

Hunger strike?

HUNGER STRIKE?

WHAT THE....