*CHAPTER NINE*

"Everybody; they're back! They're all back!"

Not many people awakened to greet the returning teenagers. Eira, however, shot up right as she heard Bella's voice. She ran to the group, jumping into her arms. She had been so worried about her friend, whether she would come back or not. But all of those were gone at that moment. She was safe. She was finally safe.

Zeke and Orion headed towards the group, Zeke blushing as Marisa and him made eye contact. Hedi also joined in, waving to Elliot. They had seen each other a little around school, being in a few of the same classes over the years, though they never really got to know the other one.

I was starting to get worried, Orion signed, Zeke translating for the others.

"I think we just lost our way," Marisa said. Her expression saddened. "I-I'm sorry, but we didn't find them." Orion, Hedi and Zeke looked at each other, wondering who was going to tell them.

"Um," Hedi started. "they're back already. So are Sparna and everyone else."

Dylan's face became red with anger, his eyebrows crossing. "Are you serious?" He half yelled. "We walked all that way for nothing?"

"The other group said they told you," Zeke said. Dylan shook his head furiously.

"Do you think I would be this upset if they had?"

"Shut up, Dylan!" Marisa whispered. "You'll wake them up!"

"I don't care, Marisa! I'm tired, exhausted, and my feet are on fire!"

Marisa glared at him, Elliot stepping on his foot. "We're all tired! It's the middle of the fricking night!" She yelled.

Shut up! Orion signed, noticing Sparna coming towards them. She rubbed her eyes, walking at a slow pace as if she were still asleep.

"What are you guys yelling about?" She asked sleepily.

"You're group forget to tell us that you found those two brats!"

"We did!" She snapped, suddenly much more awake. "And don't you dare talk about my brother like that."

"Well, we didn't hear!"

"How is that our fault?"

Then, something happened that no one expected. It came out of absolutely nowhere, and so sudden that it took everyone almost a minute to understand. It was so quick that most couldn't agree on exactly what happened. But the one thing everyone could agree on was that some sort of monster had charged out of the woods and claimed Arabella as its first victim.

"No!" Eira shrieked, not realizing that she had spoken, her voice hoarse and weak from lack of use. She cupped her hands to her mouth as she stared at her helpless friend, blood staining her dirty blonde hair and the mouth of the monster devouring it. After less than a few seconds she stopped moving and yelling, lying still in a pool of her own blood.