*CHAPTER NINETEEN*

"Oh my god oh my god oh my god!"

It all happened so fast that they had no idea what to do. Marisa rushed to William's side, feeling his head and heart to make sure he was alright.

He was most certainly not alright.

"What happened?" Marisa asked.

William opened his mouth, which was completely stained in purple. He spoke in broken up sentences, gasps in between. "I'm...sorry...I...only...ate...a few."

Sparna's eyes went wide. The berries were poisonous. Then how come she didn't get poisoned when she ate one? And how come William's mouth was so purple when the berries were pink?

"We're not mad, William, just please don't die on me!" Marisa begged, tears starting to drip down her face. He was burning up, and Liam suddenly wished that they had brought water. Maybe if he could just run and get some-

No. It was too far away. He hated to admit it, but unless there was some plant that can be used as an antidote, William wasn't going to make it.

"Guys, come on!" Marisa cried, squeezing William's hand. "You need to help me!"

Sparna rushed around, as if she was looking for some miracle that could help him. William now coughed up foam, his hands shaking as he tried his hardest to make it stop and just get one deep breath. Marisa stayed by his side, sobbing on top of him.

"Jesus! Fucking! God!" She shouted between punches to the ground. Her knuckle became bloody, her fingers cutting open, but she didn't care. "Those! Evil! Fucking! Berries!"

Sparna turned leaf after leaf over, trying to find something, anything, that could possibly help William. She scrambled, running so quick that she almost fell down a few times. She grabbed a thick piece of bark and tossed it to the side, smiling once she saw what was behind it.

"Marisa, I got it!" She shouted. She grabbed the berries, sprinting towards William. The professional name for them was Grudomelous Hydonprotics, but most people just called them lifesavers since they were known to suck 79% of poison out of the body and makes the victim cough it up. The other bit of poison left will make you sick, but it's not enough to kill you. She had gotten extremely lucky to have found five growing beside the tree.

Liam rushed with Sparna, and once they got there, Marisa checked William's pulse. "He's not breathing!" She cried. "I need to give him rescue breaths!"

"No! That could kill you, too!" Liam yelled.

"I got some berries that will help-"

"No more berries!"

"Give him the goddamn berries, Sparna!" Liam ordered in panic.

"These will help him, I promise!" Sparna ignored Marisa's cries of resistance, shoving all of them into his mouth and forcing him to chew and swallow them.